• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies at the SFS 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
:eek:

I had a heart attack reading the GAGR news this morning. I'm watching the poms get smashed in my home city thanks very much.

Fear not, the itinerary is:

Qantas Wallabies v England, June 2016

Saturday 11 June
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Saturday 18 June
AAMI Park, Melbourne

Saturday 25 June
Allianz Stadium, Sydney

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Fear not, the itinerary is:

Qantas Wallabies v England, June 2016

Saturday 11 June
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Saturday 18 June
AAMI Park, Melbourne

Saturday 25 June
Allianz Stadium, Sydney
Wonder how much revenue the ARU is giving up by playing at the latter 2 venues?

Anyway, much better for those that do go.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How many in Perth? Also what time is the match in Sydney? Last two times they were day Tests.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Really looking forward to this series. I'll definitely be grabbing some front row tickets to Suncorp

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Shrewd move by the ARU then, probably only get 10k less gate in total.

Although if we come home with Bill, the ARU might try to get out of those deals..

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't mind this. Better to have smaller stadiums packed out than big cavernous places not suitable for rugby only half full.

I agree. I prefer a sold out AAMI Park than a MCG only a quarter full or an Etihad only half full. Giving priority for rugby supporters (Rebels membership) and then for AFL supporters

Until the Victorians aren't able to fill a stadium for a test match, ARU must play at AAMI Park.

It's a better cover letter to the world rugby. I hate to see stadiums like Perth or Gold Coast with small crowds at Wallabies test matches.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Mixed feelings about this as an England fan. Yes the chance to beat you guys in Oz is fantastic! But, I do wonder what kind of state the players will be in after such a long season due to the RWC. We might have to take a few more reserve players which cold make the series pretty boring. We have more depth than most, but our 2nd string wouldn't really be up to the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.