• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies coaches making a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
Just felt compelled to comment that Cheika and Larkham are providing an excellent example of what we always knew... Coaching makes a difference. They seem to be dragging the best of their players from 1-15. Suddenly, maybe, just maybe, we're in with a shot at this world cup.

Seeing Cheiks and Bernie sing the anthem with the team was great on Sat was also a great moment. Having Larkham back in Wallaby colours just about brought a tear to my eye!

I also admit I know nothing about scrummaging. But Ledesma does seem to have had an influence.

Go you good things!!

Attachments

• 11822415_10153462401310731_524191459951585703_n.jpg
    11822415_10153462401310731_524191459951585703_n.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 276

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The one thing that got me was our accuracy at the ruck.

I am pretty sure we were not turned over once. We didn't get pinged for holding, the ABs never mounted a successful counter-ruck. The first man to the ruck always came in low and hard, and cleaned out well.

It would go un-noticed by many, but that was the foundation upon which the victory was built. And that all comes back to good coaching.

T

TOCC

The one thing that got me was our accuracy at the ruck.

I am pretty sure we were not turned over once.

This is another reason I rate Poock, when people talk open side flankers the focus seems to be on the number of turnovers he secures, but for me, what is equally important is the number of turnovers he prevents trough speed to the ruck and physicality at the breakdown. I'd love to see the stats for the number of racks that he hit and whether he was early or late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
My biggest take away from Sat was Nic White. He should have had his cards stamped years ago, never been able to handle big matches. But now he had a cameo like that on one of the biggest stages. You have to think that the current environment and coaches played a role in that.

Reactions: BDA

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Maybe White's an expert finisher, not a starter? Give him too much time on the paddock and he'll start thinking about box-kicks.
Like Nick Phipps And Genia.. Who Have put some shit ones in... White's biggest issue is he loses his shit and starts worrying about chat and not the game.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.