• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies damage change room in Ireland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paradox

Hopefully it was Alexander who went ballistic although Cheika does have form.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Hopefully it was Alexander who went ballistic although Cheika does have form.
Funny, the second paragraph of that report states it was not Cheika, apparently, but a player. Did you read the linked article, by chance? ;)

P

Paradox

Funny, the second paragraph of that report states it was not Cheika, apparently, but a player. Did you read the linked article, by chance? ;)

All unnamed sources at this point and other sources claim it was a staff member (not Cheika). You are getting way to defensive when it comes to Cheika. See what I did with Benny A? ;)

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Something has been damaged in a change room after a loss? Hold the front page. This is clearly the first time this has ever happened in the history of the universe. Ok let's pull the facts together:
1. Something was damaged
2. Someone did it
Ban them. It's disgraceful. I can't type anymore because I'm shaking my head from side to side in utter disgust that the screen is blurry.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
All unnamed sources at this point and other sources claim it was a staff member (not Cheika). You are getting way to defensive when it comes to Cheika. See what I did with Benny A? ;)
Just questioning why you chuck his name in when it was the first the article dismissed. That's all. I'm sure you had a good reason.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
They are representing Australia, and they should behave in a manner reflecting our values. Im not saying we should sack them, they just need to pull their head in.
Who should pull their head in and what is it they actually did?

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
€8,000 euro is almost $12,000 Australian Dollars.

That's a lot of damage for one person to do just with their fists and feet, and I would hope other members of the team / staff would have told them to cool it very quickly. So hopefully they couldn't have gone at it for more than 30 seconds.

Needs to be dealt with if deliberate, but $12,000 Aussie dollars sounds a bit on the embellished side.

P

Paradox

we can rule out foley doing it with his boot

That's the spirit. Or Benny A scrummed the door into pulp and it hinged before him.

Actually I'm concerned by this incident and how it has the potential to snowball but as a Wallaby fan I will cope via poor humour.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
The article clearly says the Australian team reported an accident and have offered their assistance in any way. Seems like a fair process to go through.
However the only information about the 8000 Euro damage comes from an un-named "source". Anger, fury, rage - emotive words from someone who doesn't have the courage to publicly make the accusations.
So Independent.ie quotes the Irish Daily Star which quotes somebody who hides their name. No room there for error at all!!
I'll wager it's a beat-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.