1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Jerseys Going Cheap

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by Tangawizi, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Tangawizi Peter Fenwicke (45)

Not sure if this is one for this forum or "Everything Else" but just stumbled across this website from the UK that's flogging off the current Wallabies jersey for £40.11 includng postage back to OZ. RWC version is £50 and Polo Shirts for £15 but can't be bothered working out the VAT-Free prices on them.

Including the postage on the regular shirt - that should come in around AUD$65 so bit of a difference of around $100 compared to what the ARU website is selling them at.

http://www.prodirectrugby.com/prodi...PE=&BRAND=&ST=1&SIZE=&MIN=&MAX=&SRH=australia
  2. Moses Simon Poidevin (60)

That's quite tempting - where did you find the RWC 2011 one?
  3. waratahjesus Greg Davis (50)

It irks me to death that other countries get this stuff so cheap. I picked up a socceroos world cup jersey with name and number on it for 80 bucks delivered to my door from England while the same thing here was 160, just ridiculus.
    RugbyFuture, daz and Moses like this.
  4. Moses Simon Poidevin (60)

5. tigerland12 John Thornett (49)

Oohhh really tempted to get the WC jersey
  6. cyclopath Stirling Mortlock (74)

Would it be un-Australian to buy one from them?
    Fark it, too good a deal to pass up.
    Moses likes this.
  7. Empire Syd Malcolm (24)

A lot of guys buy boots from that site, the mark ups in rebel and sportsmanship warehouse are ridiculous.

I ended up buying some adizero boots for $70 AUD from the UK. Very relieved!
  8. Skippy

9. matty_k Peter Johnson (47)

They also only have larges. Pretty useless around here.
    Swarley likes this.
  10. Slim 293 George Gregan (70)

It's a shame that these jerseys are generally not quite as slim fitting as they are on the players.

Us skinny folk look silly in a replica jersey.
  11. Skippy

I think online/at their depot they probably only have Large's available. But in store I saw the other day all sizes. If anyone wants one, I can go and have a look for a specific size and we can arrange perhaps for me to get it and post it too Aus.
  12. Gagger Nick Farr-Jones (63)

13. daz Guest

For $110, give or take, I couldn't pass up the Reds and the Wallaby jersey. That would have cost me about $320 in Oz.

Thanks Tangawizi; great tip buddy!

I've got no time for a fucking diet Gaggs. The RWC is in a few short months. Even if I stop eating all food, I'll still be a XXXXXXXXL by October...

:)
  14. rugbysmartarse Alan Cameron (40)

I have the exact opposite problem. Lycra plus former prop = Duncan Bell Syndrome
  15. RugbyFuture Lord Logo

lucky you go for italy smartarse.

I buy all my jerseys from overseas, mostly england, always about half the price of what I can get here.
  16. rugbysmartarse Alan Cameron (40)

I still have an 03 RWC Italia jersey which is (blessedly) made from proper thick cotton, and although is a slimish fit, I don't end up looking like a python who swallowed a gazelle
  17. RugbyFuture Lord Logo

18. waratahjesus Greg Davis (50)

Well post a link then
  19. Iluvmyfooty Phil Hardcastle (33)

I ahve used Pro-direct before to buy boots and they are very good and very quick with their delivery
  20. jay-c Ron Walden (29)

theres a sports store in marsfield that does the ol school wallaby jerseys for 25 bucks>
    im a student- 180bucks tell jon he's dreamin