• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Jerseys Going Cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
...copycat...

If more people buy these Romanian jerseys, they could still wear them to Wallabies matches... with the Wallabies jerseys looking yellower and yellower each year, the Romanian ones can easily pass for the other at a distance in packed stadiums!

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
It's a pity kooga is using the same template like CCC did last world cup for so many teams. That said, some of em look alright, probably should start a fashions on the world cup field for that discussion though.

S

Skippy

I've seen recently a couple of those old school Adidas grand slam Wallaby jerseys on ebay. Will try and find them and post a link.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I've seen recently a couple of those old school Adidas grand slam Wallaby jerseys on ebay. Will try and find them and post a link.

Was given one of these by a then Wallaby when I was at school, wore it on and off for years, to training sometimes...

Fast forward 30 years (well almost), and having the president of the Sweden rugby at my then place in Noosa for a BBQ at the time of the 2003 RWC, he gave me the Swedish rugby tie as a gesture of appreciation of having him over...and thus me, having had a bellyful by then, decided on the spur of the moment to dig out that old jersey mothballed in the back of a cupboard, and presented that to him in return!

Felt like doing it as it would probably be much better appreciated by him rather than by me and put up at the Swedish rugby offices perhaps...(I hope)

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah Pro Direct is good. Used it a few times. It certainly irks me that I can get Kooga gear sent halfway around the world cheaper than I can buy it from their factory though.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
theres a sports store in marsfield that does the ol school wallaby jerseys for 25 bucks>
im a student- 180bucks tell jon he's dreamin

Definitely interested in this - we've been discussing making a G&GR jersey based on this design.

Who is it?

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
spoke to the source> and it was actually a warehouse in lane cove >gone> but the brand is cooper sports and its "official licensed product"

S

Skippy

Correction. I originally said Adidas but the old school 1984 Wallabies grand slam jersey with the two green stripes down the sleeve was actually made by Classic Sportswear.

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)
For that money I might have to get one of these, my current Wob jersey is a 2003 World Cup model.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Mine is from 99, sponsored by vodafone FFS. I bought it to wear to the Olympics. My wife wore it while pregnant to the 07 cup in Cardiff. It's made from heavy cotton. I'm not giving it up

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Mine is '99 as well, wearing it now as it happens.
Red vodafone with a white outline (that's almost cracked off), and a proper shield behind the coat of arms (they dropped the shield in '00)

Check them all out at Wallabies Jersey

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
Correction. I originally said Adidas but the old school 1984 Wallabies grand slam jersey with the two green stripes down the sleeve was actually made by Classic Sportswear.

No the green stripes were always 3, thats Adidias, hasnt been surpassed since, well the 7s have dabbled with Addidas in the CW games.
So we cant get our hands on one then?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
After conversion to Aus dollars, the 2011 RWC jersey cost me $81.43 including postage from blighty.

The ARU needs to have a good look at their pricing policies. More people wearing Wallaby jerseys is good advertising, their current prices are horrendous, considering if I had bought it from One Rugby it would have cost me $182.50 including standard delivery or an extra $7 express delivery.

Be interested to see how long it takes to arrive from the UK, my experience with car parts is that stuff ordered from the US arrives 3 days quicker than car parts ordered from the east coast.

S

Skippy

No mate, its not Adidas. I thought it was Adidas also... due to the three stripes but after a bit of research, I realised it wasn't Adidas but Classic Sportswear, with 3 stripes not 2. The pictures on this link were a bit misleading so I thought for a moment it was 2 stripes but it's clearly 3. Scroll down to the Mark Ella 1984 jersey. No Adidas I'm afraid.

http://www.rugbyrelics.com/museum/partners/Partners.htm

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The brand on the tag in that picture is 'Peerless'...

They used to make a lot of affordable copies back in the day...

S

Skippy

Peerless... thought it was classic but I think your right. Definetly not Adidas however.

Status
Not open for further replies.