• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies match fixing scandal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Samoa in Sydney 2011, Scotland in Newcastle in 2012 are probaly our two biggest shock losses right?

Perhaps Scotland in Sydney in 2017?

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
The game that kind of matches his hints had a this as part of its match review on GAGR:

“I struggle to think of an occasion when I’ve seen a side with so much possession and so many attacking opportunities, against an opponent with no meaningful attack, lose with a miserly 8 points to show for their effort. The Wallabies even managed to actually fall over the try-line twice more, but on their backs. That’s innovation! If you planned to throw a match as part of a betting scandal, this would have been far too elaborate a route.”

Any guesses???

Away game...

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Spot fixing makes more sense - give away a penalty in front of the sticks in the first minute

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
The game that kind of matches his hints had a this as part of its match review on GAGR:

“I struggle to think of an occasion when I’ve seen a side with so much possession and so many attacking opportunities, against an opponent with no meaningful attack, lose with a miserly 8 points to show for their effort. The Wallabies even managed to actually fall over the try-line twice more, but on their backs. That’s innovation! If you planned to throw a match as part of a betting scandal, this would have been far too elaborate a route.”

Any guesses???

Away game.
Scotland, '09?

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This I also found very interesting:

A referee’s performance in another lost Wallabies match is also being scrutinised. This is believed to follow several dubious "points shaving" bets on the game from sports-gamblers in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.