• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks, Sat 27th October 4.45pm AEDT, Nissan Stadium, Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Spring tour thread starting to talk of the line up for this game so thought it an opportune time to start the match thread..

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not sure about the backline, but pretty confident that the All Black pack is going to be near the best available. Guys like Retallick, Moody and Coles need a good run before heading the big matches in Europe. The only ones who might be given a break are guys like Franks and Whitelock who have played big minutes and have more than able replacements.

Hopefully Mo'unga and Goodhue start.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Not sure about the backline, but pretty confident that the All Black pack is going to be near the best available. Guys like Retallick, Moody and Coles need a good run before heading the big matches in Europe. The only ones who might be given a break are guys like Franks and Whitelock who have played big minutes and have more than able replacements.

Hopefully Mo'unga and Goodhue start.

Oh so Retallick returns just in time to give us another towelling. That'd be right.

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
If laumape is starting, they need kerevi at 13 cause Laumape will turn Beale into roadkill..

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Here's my prediction of the side:

1. Sio
2. Fainga'a
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Coleman
5. Rodda
6. Hanigan
7. Hooper
8. Pocock
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Koroibete
12. Beale
13. Folau
14. Maddocks
15. DHP

16. Latu, 17. Kepu, 18. Tupou, 19. Simmons 20. Dempsey 21. Phipps 22. Kerevi 23. Banks

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)

1. Sio
2. Fainga'a
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Coleman
5. Rodda
6. Hanigan
7. Hooper
8. Pocock
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Koroibete
12. Beale
13. Folau
14. Maddocks
15. DHP

16. Latu, 17. Kepu, 18. Tupou, 19. Simmons 20. Dempsey 21. Phipps 22. Kerevi 23. Banks

I think you'll be spot on. Love the Tupupou bench front row.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

1. Sio
2. Fainga'a
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Coleman
5. Rodda
6. Hanigan
7. Hooper
8. Pocock
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Koroibete
12. Beale
13. Folau
14. Maddocks
15. DHP

Out of interest what happens when Kerevi comes on to finish?

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
It will depend on how we are travelling. If Folau is not doing well at 13 Kerevi goes there. If Beale or Foley come off he goes to 12.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Out of interest what happens when Kerevi comes on to finish?

He's there as the backup 12 and 13.

Beale is the backup 10.

We don't really have any other options.

The only backs on tour not getting picked are Gordon and Naivalu.

If the game is in the balance and you're not forced to, you probably wouldn't bring Kerevi on.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
He's there as the backup 12 and 13.

Beale is the backup 10.

We don't really have any other options.

The only backs on tour not getting picked are Gordon and Naivalu.

If the game is in the balance and you're not forced to, you probably wouldn't bring Kerevi on.

I'm not disagreeing with your selections but don't feel enthused either. Think you will be very close though.

Kerevi becomes injury cover only then? You could take off DHP and shift Folau, but end up with Beale - Kerevi in the centers in the last 10 with the ABs hunting back on a slight lead by WBs. Doesnt sound good. You wouldn't plan Beale to 10 unless Foley was injured, and I don't really see a plan to pull Beale.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm not disagreeing with your selections but don't feel enthused either. Think you will be very close though.

Kerevi becomes injury cover only then? You could take off DHP and shift Folau, but end up with Beale - Kerevi in the centers in the last 10 with the ABs hunting back on a slight lead by WBs. Doesnt sound good. You wouldn't plan Beale to 10 unless Foley was injured, and I don't really see a plan to pull Beale.

I agree with all that. Kerevi is definitely injury cover.

The reality is we are left in a hole with Hodge injured and Kerevi looks like the only option to cover 12-13 and needs to be on the bench. Unless his conditioning seems amazing I would be aiming not to bring him on.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I agree with all that. Kerevi is definitely injury cover.

The reality is we are left in a hole with Hodge injured and Kerevi looks like the only option to cover 12-13 and needs to be on the bench. Unless his conditioning seems amazing I would be aiming not to bring him on.

By reshuffle he becomes cover for 10, 12, 13 and 15. It's not a bad thing. Just a pity that we "waste" e bench as a "finisher".

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
By reshuffle he becomes cover for 10, 12, 13 and 15. It's not a bad thing. Just a pity that we "waste" e bench as a "finisher".

I think Banks would cover fullback in most circumstances, particularly if it was in the first half.

Kerevi may well get plenty of time because we drag someone. That's generally been the case in our tests against the All Blacks this year.

If the game is tight though I doubt we'd make that change. Generally we wouldn't make that change in a key backline position unless someone is completely gasses regardless of who is on the bench.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
lol a Bledisloe test this weekend. it's already Wednesday and who gives a shit. it's EOYT junket time. All the signs in place for the usual loss to the Wobs in this fixture; pics of AB's scoffing down ice creams, having a good old laugh, riding around town in rickshaws, certainly none of that pesky intrusive "rugby" stuff going on, just enjoying being All Blacks with a half-arsed go at what got them there in the first place. Half think they lose the plot at this time of year on purpose as an oily rag to Aus. Wobs by 8.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All Blacks team to play Australia at Nissan Stadium, Yokohama, on Saturday, kick-off 7pm NZT is:

15. Damian McKenzie, 14. Ben Smith, 13. Ryan Crotty, 12. Sonny Bill Williams, 11. Rieko Ioane, 10. Beauden Barrett, 9. TJ Perenara, 8. Kieran Read ©, 7. Ardie Savea, 6. Liam Squire, 5. Scott Barrett, 4. Sam Whitelock, 3. Owen Franks, 2. Codie Taylor, 1. Joe Moody.

Reserves: 16. Nathan Harris, 17. Karl Tu'inukuafe, 18. Nepo Laulala, 19. Brodie Retallick, 20. Matt Todd, 21. Aaron Smith, 22. Richie Mo'unga, 23. Anton Lienert-Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.