• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

Terrible performance last week from the Wallabies but that performance will quickly be forgotten if they can roll the All Blacks next week. Don't know the last time the All Blacks lost two in a row so this game is anything but a dead rubber.

Selections should be interesting for this game. Will we see the return of Quade Cooper and/or Will Genia to the Wallaby 23?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I read somewhere that the last time the ABs lost 2 in a row they had been beaten by the boks and then we beat them at suncorp..2011 I think.

Genia yes, not sure about QC (Quade Cooper) but I believe he is joining the squad. Also should see Palu and/or mccalman return along with Simmons

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm not sure Cooper is ready for test rugby.

I agree. You'd figure you'd bring him into the squad assuming you're planning on taking him on the EOYT though.

I'm sure we'll find out more about Beale's fate in the next week. If Beale is gone it would certainly increase the chance of Cooper being on the bench for the 3rd Bledisloe.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Although you'd probably think Lilo will be picked ahead of QC (Quade Cooper) for now if Beale is gone..we learnt on the weekend that Horne is no good as injury pcoverage for 10/12

Reactions: BDA

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Last time NZL lost two games back to back.

20/8/2011 SAF 18 - NZL 5
27/8/2011 AUS 25 - NZL 20

It was a RWC year. Did they really care losing 2 on the trot?

before that
25/7/2009 SAF 28 - NZL 19
1/8/2009 SAF 31 - NZ 19
Beat AUS on 22/8 and then Lost a third game to SAF in the Tron 32-29 on 12/9

before that
7/8/2004 AUS 23 - NZL 18
14/8/2004 SAF 40 - NZL 26

and then
5/8/2000 AUS 24 - NZL 23
19/8/2000 SAF 46 - NZL 40

Bottom line, it is not often the NZ rugby team to lose two games on a trot (about every 5 years). I'm expecting a bit of a Blacklash in Brisbane.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Is To'omua likely to play? Two head knocks in two weeks would be a bit of a cause for concern you'd think.

If he does miss out I guess the safe option would be Horne or Lilo at 12, the 'courageous' option would be Godwin or Beale I guess

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Although you'd probably think Lilo will be picked ahead of QC (Quade Cooper) for now if Beale is gone..we learnt on the weekend that Horne is no good as injury pcoverage for 10/12

I'm not convinced anyone could look at Leali'ifano's form in the last 6 months and think he's ahead of anyone for the Wallabies.

I'd certainly pick Cooper at 10 (or reserve 10) before Leali'ifano even with Cooper being only just on the comeback from injury.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Is To'omua likely to play? Two head knocks in two weeks would be a bit of a cause for concern you'd think.

If he does miss out I guess the safe option would be Horne or Lilo at 12, the 'courageous' option would be Godwin or Beale I guess
Apparently he passed the sideline concussion test on the weekend, they just held him back to be safe. Should probably mean he's fine for Bledisloe 3.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'm not a LILO fan but I guess the thing is that at least he had form, even if it's not great..plus he is in the squad

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Personally id rather see quade on the bench..provided he isn't risking his injury.

I also think link should be ballsy and start genia, the other 2 options are shit at text level

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
At some point genia is going to take his spot

I agree. Why would it be whilst Phipps is in good form and Genia has had virtually no rugby though?

You could certainly push Genia onto the bench ahead of White without too much issue. White looks so slow with his service and his game overall isn't really suited to a bench role.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think most expected that to happen last week so you'd have to think genia failed a fitness text or something. The reason to do it now is it's the all blacks but you will probably be right.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The problem for Genia atm is white is the backup goal kicker, and with Beale in strife and lilo's case of the yips, there's no one else. That all changes when quade is back, but until then Genia might not be able to break in, especially under a 6/2 split.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Good point. But just thinking about that what happens if foley goes down? Move everyone in one and put Phipps on the wing?

Status
Not open for further replies.