• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France - June 14 Etihad Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Lots of changes due for France as their T14 finalists come back into the side. It will be a much different unit that faces us, and they'll be a lot better.

Obviously the big losses for us are Moore and Carter. Suspect this is a ready-made excuse to start Horwill and this week's training and video analysis will tell Link's crew who gets the bench locking spot.

Nathan Charles comes onto the bench, but Tahs fans will look on nervously as TPN starts in the #2 jersey... AND as Hooper probably takes the arm band as the Cursed Captain!

Anyone got an idea how tickets are selling in Melbourne?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Lots of changes due for France as their T14 finalists come back into the side. It will be a much different unit that faces us, and they'll be a lot better.

Obviously the big losses for us are Moore and Carter. Suspect this is a ready-made excuse to start Horwill and this week's training and video analysis will tell Link's crew who gets the bench locking spot.

Nathan Charles comes onto the bench, but Tahs fans will look on nervously as TPN starts in the #2 jersey. AND as Hooper probably takes the arm band as the Cursed Captain!

Anyone got an idea how tickets are selling in Melbourne?

melbourne sale are OK but the crowd will de disappointed to learn its at Suncorp again

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Sales look alright, according to the Ticketmaster website:

Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 3.40.56 PM.png

Grey is sold out, dark blue is lots available. Not bad with a week to go and little effect from last night's top performance yet to be seen.

Reactions: BDA

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Sales look alright, according to the Ticketmaster website:

View attachment 4882
Grey is sold out, dark blue is lots available. Not bad with a week to go and little effect from last night's top performance yet to be seen.

That's really impressive considering what a poor ground that is for Rugby Union/League. Justifies the ARU's decision to play it there. Still - shame that AAMI park can't be upgraded to 40-50k

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)

Hopefully the grey is all sold out, and not not yet opened for sales as they are waiting for more areas to sell out.

Suncorp does this, for instance - if they aren't expecting a huge crowd, whole areas of the top tier are closed off and not available.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Hopefully the grey is all sold out, and not not yet opened for sales as they are waiting for more areas to sell out.

Suncorp does this, for instance - if they aren't expecting a huge crowd, whole areas of the top tier are closed off and not available.

Ah, I wondered if something like that was the case...

tic

Herbert Moran (7)
Someone showed the seating plan on this thread that indicates it's pretty close to being sold out actually.

No its not. The seating map has swathes of grey which are "No availability" not "Sold Out".They do this when cricket sales are low - block off lage sections from sale.

They might get mid 20's.

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
Someone showed the seating plan on this thread that indicates it's pretty close to being sold out actually.

If this game is anywhere near sold out i will eat my own hat.

I've seen the same seating plan but i have also used ticketmaster for that ground plenty of times and basing attendance of that is totally unreliable because they restrict the areas where you can buy tickets, probably so they can totally fill up a couple and know where to put extra staff etc

If someone has a ticket bought recently with a pax number it might indicate otherwise but i highly doubt it.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I've just discovered that google chrome has a "translate this page" feature which means I can look over french news. Seems like the masses over there are blaming PSA and too many foreigners in their comp. The closeness of the england vs ABs match seems to have sunk the "season is too long, our players are tired" argument.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Seems like the masses over there are blaming PSA and too many foreigners in their comp. The closeness of the england vs ABs match seems to have sunk the "season is too long, our players are tired" argument.

They have a point: one reason why the results of France are so unaccountable on tour is that the players relax from their weekly grind. And the point of the foreigners is valid also, especially regarding the flyhalf position.

Nice opinion will have it that the French rugby union should step in but the FFR doesn't have the power in France, like the ARU does here, the clubs do. The have it because it is they that earn most of the money.

The clubs are even notorious for not allowing some foreign players to play in the RWC. Rest assured they are empowered to do so because the player has signed a contract to that effect.

There were six players on tour that played in the Top 14 final (Michalak of Toulon was not chosen !!) and I expect that 10. Tales, 13. Bastareaud, and 15. Dulin to start though 12. Lamerat may also, to see how he plays against an elite opponent, and how he combines with Bastareaud.

He's an excellent player and offers a different game to that of Fickou and Fofana.

Conceivably LHP Menini and hooker Mach could get on the bench, but it wouldn't be on merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.