• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Pumas, Bankwest (Parra), Sat 5th December

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
First Wallaby match ill attend since the first bled post RWC15. Looking forward to it despite these blokes conspiring to make it a dead rubber.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
There is only one way I can see us winning this by 101 points. I think the team we need to run out looks something like -

John Portch
Henry Hutchison
Lewis Holland
Maurice Longbottom
Lachie Anderson
Jeral Skelton
Ed Jenkins

Just need to hope the ref gets on board early and starts carding the Argies.

How’s Pama Fou doing these days?

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Winning the tournament out of reach, but not too bad a year really. The only change in the forwards for me is AAAAA starting with Tupou on the bench. JOC (James O'Connor) back in if fit for backs, either Hodge or DHP (If fit) to fullback the rest the same. The bench should see some changes. They just didn't get it done in the last 20 mins of the last game.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
We need to finish on a good note. This trophy was there for the taking and now the fricken darkness have it! I would have preferred the Argies to have won it.

That is very disappointing but still a thoroughly enjoyable tournament.

After throwing away the tri-nations trophy with the draw against Argies - Wallabies need to win last game to at least come second....but that won't be easy. I expect a tough battle.

Whilst the Wallabies draw against Argentina was very disappointing to let the darkness win the trophy (agree would have rather if not Wallabies Argentina to win it) - all things considered if can at least win the final game the Wallabies could get a B- grade for me overall with hope for the future.

But really also reckon England and South Africa would be licking their lips to play ABs at this point as this is probably one of the weaker ABs sides we have seen in the last decade...

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Pfft certainly not South Africa.

Yep. It IS the days of COVID and we do need to be flexible, but this lot don’t sit right with me either.

FWIW I’m not so sure that England will simply change the Kiwi welcome tune to “oh now you want to play at Twickers, Sure thing.”

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I don't know if they risk JOC (James O'Connor) now, sounds like he's had a rough trot these last few months. Considering this is a dead rubber I imagine they'll sit him out and maybe start Lolesio again, see if he can make amends.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It will be interesting to see how this pans out

Does Rennie pick to win Saturday ie the current fill ins

Or does he take the punt on the future?

I am going so we are likely to lose by 50

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
15 Hodge
14 Wright
13 Petaia
12 Paisami
11 Koroiebete
10 JOC (James O'Connor)
9 White
8 Wilson
7 Hooper
6 Wright
5 Simmons
4 Philip
3 AAA
2 Fainga'a
1 Sio

16 Uelese/BPA
17 Bell
18 Tupou
19 LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
20 McReight
21 McDermott
22 Lolesio
23 Daugunu

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It will be interesting to see how this pans out

Does Rennie pick to win Saturday ie the current fill ins

Or does he take the punt on the future?

I am going so we are likely to lose by 50

Nah. Now that there is nothing on the line we'll play like world beaters.

Don't feel fussed about the team except i really want to see Valetini start. He's huge in defence but is clearly not an 'impact' player. What good is bringing him on with 20 to go when you need some punch going forward?

Edit: oh wouldn't mind seeing Maddocks at the back.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
15 Hodge
14 Wright
13 Petaia
12 Paisami
11 Koroiebete
10 JOC (James O'Connor)
9 White
8 Wilson
7 Hooper
6 Wright
5 Simmons
4 Philip
3 AAA
2 Fainga'a
1 Sio

16 Uelese/BPA
17 Bell
18 Tupou
19 LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
20 McReight
21 McDermott
22 Lolesio
23 Daugunu

You have rocks in your head if you think Liam Wright should be starting.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
You have rocks in your head if you think Liam Wright should be starting.
You have rocks in your head if you think one of the other available candidates is significantly better.

All the options have some form of shortcoming or another. Rennie seems to have a fair amount of confidence in Wright regardless of what any of us think on here.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Hes another bloke where i think it makes more sense to have him out there from the get go. If you want some impact off the bench go for Samu or Isi.