• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Springboks Saturday 9th Sept NIB Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
This game will end up as a watershed game for the rest of the year and possibly out to the RWC 2019.
Resurgent Bokke under a good coach v's a resurgent Wallaby outfit who layed down a marker in Dunedin.
The biggest issues from last weekend were the scrum, the defense (high missed tackle count) and the unbalanced back row.
Is Karmichael Hunt fit again?
Will TPN start?
Can we swap Timani for Hanigan without giving away too much lineout capacity?
Biggest issue is the defensive structure. Can we implement a system that creates offensive defense and builds pressure on their attack?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Papers had Hunt out for 6-8 weeks; and 8 weeks equated to 18 September 2017 from the date of the article

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Article on FoxSports says Pulver will attend & by then the outcome of RugbyWA's appeal should be known. Gonna be interesting whichever way the Judge calls it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Here's the Springboks squad.

Forwards (17)
Eben Etzebeth (capt), Steven Kitshoff, Siya Kolisi, Bongi Mbonambi, Pieter-Steph du Toit (all Western Stormers), Tendai Mtawarira, Coenie Oosthuizen, Daniel du Preez, Jean-Luc du Preez, Chiliboy Ralepelle (all Coastal Sharks), Ruan Dreyer, Jaco Kriel, Malcolm Marx, Franco Mostert (all Golden Lions), Lood de Jager, Trevor Nyakane (both Northern Bulls), Uzair Cassiem (Central Cheetahs)
Backs (12)
Andries Coetzee, Ross Cronje, Elton Jantjies, Courtnall Skosan (all Lions), Jesse Kriel, Rudy Paige, Handre Pollard, Jan Serfontein (all Bulls), Damian de Allende, Dillyn Leyds (both Stormers), Francois Hougaard (Worcester Warriors/ENG), Raymond Rhule (Cheetahs)

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
I like Hunt and I like the current version of Beale. Which one of them can play #10 ?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
if Hunt's fit, yeah i want Beale at 10, Hunt at 12, TK at 13, Folau at 14, DHP at 11, Hunt and Tk are 2 of the best defenders and both also have a good attacking game and I personally do not like a fullback who does not have a kicking game, I know folau is good under the high ball but thats it, he has been a wally for 3 years now, why has he not tried to develop a kicking game by now? Hodge or Speight on the bench with Foley

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Hunt is still out injured. Best case he would be back for the South Africa/Argentina tour.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Don't rush hunt back. Same mistake made with Kerevi.

Scrum will be demolished if we don't fix our issues and Back row will be smashed if we don't balance it up. TPN to start. Timani must come in at eight. It's a no brainer.

Folou to the DHP's wing and Hodge to fullback.

T

TOCC

Scrum will be demolished if we don't fix our issues and Back row will be smashed if we don't balance it up. TPN to start. Timani must come in at eight. It's a no brainer.

Well the issue of it make those changes is then the lineout

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Hunt is a far more seasoned professional than Kerevi.

He can defend, he can attack, he does not make mistakes. Plus he has been around long enough not to play unless he is 100% fit.

At the end of the day, it is basically the coach's call, not ours.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

no brainer except that many picked McMahon as MotM at 8 in our best game in probably a year.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
if Hunt's fit, yeah i want Beale at 10, Hunt at 12, TK at 13, Folau at 14, DHP at 11, Hunt and Tk are 2 of the best defenders and both also have a good attacking game and I personally do not like a fullback who does not have a kicking game, I know folau is good under the high ball but thats it, he has been a wally for 3 years now, why has he not tried to develop a kicking game by now? Hodge or Speight on the bench with Foley

Pretty much the lineup I've been banging on about since before game 1.
Except with naivalu in for DHP when he's recovered and hodge at FB rather than the bench.
Who's your 15?

joeyjohnz

Sydney Middleton (9)
Steven Moore rules himself OUT due to wife's childbirth!

The entire continent of Australasia rejoices in Steven's seed choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.