• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs England, Sydney, 3rd Test, 25 June @ 8:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oranges

Frank Nicholson (4)
Carter to Narrabri 2nd grade. Bring in a 21 year old to match their no. 4. Maybe staniforth. Youthful exuberance will offer more than unfulfilled potential.Kurindrani very quite tonight. Maybe needs a rest. Isi to oc,dhp to fullback.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Dump everyone from the 23 except the props (bar Smith), TPN, Kerevi, Folau, DHP, Kuridrani, Mumm, Pickle and Morahan.

go for this team:
  1. Slipper
  2. TPN
  3. Kepu
  4. Simmons
  5. Horwill
  6. Palu
  7. Gill
  8. Houston
  9. Pickle
  10. To'omua
  11. Morahan
  12. Lealiifano
  13. Kerevi
  14. DHP
  15. Folau
  16. Ready
  17. Sio
  18. Holmes
  19. Mumm
  20. McCalman
  21. Powell
  22. Hodge
  23. Kuridrani

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
There really isn't a lot we can do selection wise. The blokes out there are just about the best available group, really. Our depth has been tested and been found a bit wanting in certain areas, especially in the 12 channel and out wide. The fact that without Pocock that dual openside plan doesn't work nearly as well is another issue.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Dump everyone from the 23 except the props (bar Smith), TPN, Kerevi, Folau, DHP, Horne, Mumm, Pickle and Morahan.

go for this team:
  1. Slipper
  2. TPN
  3. Kepu
  4. Simmons
  5. Horwill
  6. Palu
  7. Gill
  8. Houston
  9. Pickle
  10. To'omua
  11. Horne
  12. Lealiifano
  13. Kerevi
  14. DHP
  15. Folau
  16. Ready
  17. Sio
  18. Holmes
  19. Mumm
  20. McCalman
  21. Powell
  22. Hodge
  23. Morahan

Horne was invisible apart from 1 good defensive read and tackle in the first half.Might as well drop him too ;)

Marvo

Frank Row (1)
Do anyone here feel like Australian rugby is in trouble in terms of depth? Especially when it comes to the 9, 10 and 12 positions? Such a gapping whole in our attack without the likes of Giteau and Genia. Lacking creativity just watching these last two games. Or is it too soon to panic?

Just my thoughts when I read these suggested team lists.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Maybe Hooper cops a suspension. I mean, that was pretty dumb.

So it might be time for Cheika to start a third backrow forward instead of an extra centre. And I know I'm getting crazy here, but perhaps a number eight that can lend a bit more weight?

There. I've said it.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Maybe Hooper cops a suspension. I mean, that was pretty dumb.

So it might be time for Cheika to start a third backrow forward instead of an extra centre. And I know I'm getting crazy here, but perhaps a number eight that can lend a bit more weight?

There. I've said it.

What did he do?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Dodgy use of the overhead cam. The sand went nowhere near Haskells eyes as the side view clearly shows.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
he didn't throw it in the face, he barely tossed it away from his hand grip on the surface. It went nowhere near Haskell.

There's alternative footage from the birdseye stuff everyone is making assumptions from.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This one?

Or the youtube clip on the front page that seems to have been removed?

He's not even throwing it into his eyes - he's just digging it up and chucking it on the ground. Haskell doesn't even react to it. If Hooper was throwing sand into his eyes, he would have definitely reacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.