• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
nah, he simply isn't a test 6, he is a mobile lock and a good lineout option.

He just isn't dynamic enough to play 6 at S15 level let alone test level

Interesting that while he was still at the Tahs and Wallabies a certain Bob Dwyer wanted him selected at 6. That's a good four years ago now. I don't think we have seen enough of the 2015 Mumm to have any idea of what he can and can't do.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
So Pocock won best Brumby, Gill best Red, Hooper best Tah, McMahon best Rebel and McCalman best Farce. We go ok at producing 7s.

Yep.

While that's a plus it's also a minus.

Good players all but I'd like to concentrate on the minus side. Opensides are a dime a dozen; another will come through just like waiting for a bus.

Trade all three-and-a-half of those blokes (leave Benny at 8 and Sean at 6.5)... for one truly world class THP.

(No disrespect to Kepu and Holmes who are doing well, but the depth at #3 is thin)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Interesting that while he was still at the Tahs and Wallabies a certain Bob Dwyer wanted him selected at 6. That's a good four years ago now. I don't think we have seen enough of the 2015 Mumm to have any idea of what he can and can't do.

He also want Beale on the wing ...............

I see Mumm in the style of Sam Whitelock, and I don't see that as a bad thing at all.

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)
My point remains - when will Hanson have last played a game if he is needed at the pointy end of the RWC?

If Moore goes down, TPN plays 70-80 min, depending on the situation and Hanson plays small minutes. If both go down we're in trouble, but no more trouble than if two players in just about any other position (except 7) go down.

Unfortunately we can't plan for every possible doomsday scenario. We've got a team that can win the RWC if everything goes right. We would struggle to do so if lots goes wrong though. I say we plan for most things going right and try to make sure if that happens, then we're in the best position to win the cup.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
There was some madness in Bob's method, fp, didn't Beale make his test debut on the wing? And he was a GPS sprint champion as a schoolboy.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hanson has more energy than either Moore or TPN, I wouldn't mind seeing him on the bench.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
I reckon that speaking of line out throwing it is as follows:

Moore
Daylight
Everyone else

So to speak, if Moore goes down, we still have good depth execpt for the line out, where Moore is vital considering the limited jumping options in the best 23 i think Cheika has in his mind.
Im not so worried about it though, as long as Moore stays healthy, TPN, Hanson and Saia all could be my replacement hooker

T

TOCC

I reckon that speaking of line out throwing it is as follows:

Moore
Daylight
Everyone else

So to speak, if Moore goes down, we still have good depth execpt for the line out, where Moore is vital considering the limited jumping options in the best 23 i think Cheika has in his mind.
Im not so worried about it though, as long as Moore stays healthy, TPN, Hanson and Saia all could be my replacement hooker

Actually Hanson is a very very good lineout thrower and probably better then Moore, incredibly i don't think he has lost a ball on his own throw in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
There was some madness in Bob's method, fp, didn't Beale make his test debut on the wing? And he was a GPS sprint champion as a schoolboy.
Beale would be one of the fastest in the squad and has phenomenal acceleration. The argument to not play him on the wing has always been that he would be wasted there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Actually Hanson is a very very good lineout thrower and probably better then Moore, incredibly i don't think he has lost a ball on his own throw in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prior to 2015 he was bit shaky though wasn't he? I thought that was a big reason why Sia was always favoured.

T

TOCC

Prior to 2015 he was bit shaky though wasn't he? I thought that was a big reason why Sia was always favoured.

I can't remember to be honest, I previously thought that Saia offered more around the ground and at the scrum, Hanson improved massively in these areas in 2015 though.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

Yes. I was a supporter of him playing on the wing last season when we didn't have any. Now though I think bringing him off the bench late (and also having him there as utility injury cover) against tired opposition is the ideal role for him.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yes. I was a supporter of him playing on the wing last season when we didn't have any. Now though I think bringing him off the bench late (and also having him there as utility injury cover) against tired opposition is the ideal role for him.

Ok, the only BIG problem with Beale as impact is that if you are defending a lead in your own territory, his defense is useless. Remember the last game in Cape Town. He couldn't stop anyone :eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.