• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Didn't lilo play fullback for the Brumbies back in the Gitteau days? Can anyone confirm? If so, how did he go?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Didn't lilo play fullback for the Brumbies back in the Gitteau days? Can anyone confirm? If so, how did he go?

I think he played a little bit for the Brumbies and a bit more during his season in the ITM Cup.

I don't think that ever put him in contention for that utility back spot that included being the backup fullback.

I definitely think Giteau ended up beating Leali'ifano out of the spot.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Beale or Mitchell would be next in line. Maybe AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is an option too.

I think you have priority correct

It highlights the gulf from Folau.

From a player who negates the high ball and makes teams think of other options, to players likely to spill 1 or 2 in 3 highballs under pressure.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I think you have priority correct

It highlights the gulf from Folau.

From a player who negates the high ball and makes teams think of other options, to players likely to spill 1 or 2 in 3 highballs under pressure.

This is a great point. The importance of Folau and his high ball skills are vital.

It is currently forcing teams to kick away from him or not to kick at all. If Falou goes down the opposition will benefit hugely.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Just a thought , with only two hookers if one gets injured in training and you don't have the time to get a replacement, whats the law say about needing one on the bench, if you cant does this mean you forfeit the game.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Scott Sio will play as #16. Our lineout will probably suck.

That's only in the case of another hooker getting injured. Moore or TPN will just play 80 or close to it.

The whole thing has been brought massively out of proportion.

Bring Back The Ruck

Herbert Moran (7)
Just a thought , with only two hookers if one gets injured in training and you don't have the time to get a replacement, whats the law say about needing one on the bench, if you cant does this mean you forfeit the game.

(b) Prior to the match teams must advise the referee of their front row players and replacements [six in total in international matches]. Each player in the front row and any potential replacements must be suitably trained and experienced.
(c) The replacement of a front row player must come from the suitably trained and experienced players who started the match or from nominated replacements. A player other than a nominated front row player is permitted to play in the front row only when uncontested scrums are being played and there are no available front row replacements.

(d) A suitably trained and experienced front row forward may start the match in another position.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So as long as 6 front rowers are there its ok you dont need 2 of each position

Oh come on, the bush lawyers are out in force and the rules quoted above are just not that b&w.

You need 6 front rowers. Tick.
They must be suitably trained and experienced. For TH, tick. For LH, tick. For hooker, not tested. Our 6th front rower to drop into this position is according to Cheika being trained to hook.

Debatable if this gets accepted, but let's call it likely IF he performs safely in the role.

Bring Back The Ruck

Herbert Moran (7)
What I meant was, if an injury occurs to a hooker before a game the Wallabies would name the team with three front rowers on bench and say one player is not a regular hooker but has been training as our backup.
Referees accept this and all is good, if he comes on and its deemed unsafe the referee will call uncontested scrums - there would be no forfeit
However if only 2 front rowers were selected a forfeit could be called.
Its essentially the same with any top grade game.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
I understand the 48 hr rule, but from when a guy gets injured to when they know for certain could take some time. Then flights would be touch and go, if it happened lets say 24 hours before you kick off, but I understand that you might have someone in your team already who might be suitable,
But with him in your front row you will probably be at some disadvantage, not just the scrum but the line out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.