• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
With Muggleton gone, not too much has changed. Even our fatties are rolling their sleeves up and our team continue to look better organised without the ball than with it. Our defence should continue to keep us in matches this year.

My criticism is that I can't help but feeling that we're sacrificing ball winning for defence. We don't counter ruck. Instead, we just wait for the opposition to throw another phase at us. That works when you get a team like England doing stupid things like kicking when they have a 3 man overlap but its probably not the best against the Boks and All Blacks.

Also I have zero confidence in our back 3 defence structure - mainly because Tuqiri completely abandons his positioning in defence but also because Shepherd's reaction time isn't the best. Joe Roff was quicker than he looked. Shepherd..isn't. :D

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
You're right about the counter-rucking. The rest of it I'm waiting for combinations to form and Tuqiri to wrap four of his 6 brain cells around Dingo's plans.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
NTA said:
You're right about the counter-rucking. The rest of it I'm waiting for combinations to form and Tuqiri to wrap four of his 6 brain cells around Dingo's plans.

I liked it when Tuqiri sat on the bench. That was my favourite part of the game.

M

Mainlander

naza said:
NTA said:

I liked it when Tuqiri sat on the bench. That was my favourite part of the game.

Lets see, he was subbed because he was injured right...... Yet no medical atention when he came off, no Icepack. Didn't look like an injury Substitution to me. I'll have to ask my contact in the suport staff when I see him in a couple of weeks. He will know without a doubt, trouble is will he tell me.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Mainlander said:
naza said:
NTA said:

Lets see, he was subbed because he was injured right...... Yet no medical atention when he came off, no Icepack. Didn't look like an injury Substitution to me. I'll have to ask my contact in the suport staff when I see him in a couple of weeks. He will know without a doubt, trouble is will he tell me.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23941524-23217,00.html

Palu and winger Lote Tuqiri, who last just 29 minutes before succumbing to a knee injury, both pulled up better than Deans initially expected, but nevertheless remain 50-50 prospects of backing.

?The news on them was encouraging,? Deans said.

?At first I thought they would not be able to be considered. It appears they haven't been ruled out yet, so there's a possibility they'll be available for selection.

?Lote has essentially got a little bit of laxity in his knee. He's previously had a posterior cruciate rupture, so he doesn't have a posterior cruciate ligament, which has provided a little bit of laxity in his joint.

?The doc thought he might have had a medial strain as a result but, essentially, he jammed it up and it wouldn't free up within the game. But it settled quite quickly, so he's hopeful it might not be too much of an issue.?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
With Muggleton gone, not too much has changed. Even our fatties are rolling their sleeves up and our team continue to look better organised without the ball than with it. Our defence should continue to keep us in matches this year.

Thought I'd dig up an old thread. Jeez this didn't turn out how we'd hoped did it?

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Scotty said:

Thought I'd dig up an old thread. Jeez this didn't turn out how we'd hoped did it?

Two possiblities :

1. I was desperately trying to find a positive in the Wallaby performance.

2. NZ and SA coaching staff cottoned onto our defensive frailty out wide when they read my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.