• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Andy Ellis, Moala, Slade and Dagg are craps. The Kiwis who aren't Saders supporters hate Izzy Dagg. Luke Romano is average.

In this team there are 3 players that I would like for the Wallabies XV: Owen Franks, Brodie Retallick and Kieran Read. They would make a difference at the Wallabies starting XV. I had chosen McCaw and Carter 3 years ago
Another way to look at it, which Wallabies would force their way into this starting team?

I'd say Slipper, Moore, maybe Simmons, Pocock, Speight and Folau.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
The article i read today about JOC (James O'Connor) being put in a special strength and conditions program has me confused as to whether he's still a genuine selection chance.

it would seem so. despite all, he may still be in the RWC 31

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Another way to look at it, which Wallabies would force their way into this starting team?

I'd say Slipper, Moore, maybe Simmons, Pocock, Speight and Folau.

Skelton could put Romano out of a job, Horne could porbably beat Moala

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
it would seem so. despite all, he may still be in the RWC 31

If he starts playing the way he has in the past, he will be an asset, he used to nearly always beat that first defender on kick return.

The question then becomes, instead of who?

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Horwill, on his form this year, is out there in a category called "brain explosion", a category usually inhabited only by backs. The last time he played to his best form was three years ago. That's way too long to get any credit. He was not good this year even when he was on the field. In the big match-up in the last round against the Tahs I thought he was anonymous.

I totally agree; Horwill's decline has been dramatic, almost in direct correlation to Link moving to the Wallaby job. He's the kind of committed team player that works off the pride of the team. Ever since his injury in 2013 and Graham came to the Reds Horwill has just fallen into obscurity. Honestly he used to be one of my favourite players over KB (Kurtley Beale) and QC (Quade Cooper) and JOC (James O'Connor) because of his pride and integrity but he hasn't had much to be proud about. Chieka is the kind of Coach that will drag Horwill out of his dip and put a fire into his gut. I definitely think there's a plan.

I think the same of Cummins, although I doubt he'll get a gurnsey. He's the kind of down the straight thrashing machine that will get the team going( I just think Horne is pretty much the same frame but in form)

Deam Mumm is an understandible selection, I don't think he'll see game this year but he's an experienced campaigner and was never a let down. all this crap about him not being tall enough for lineouts is just nitpicking he's 6'5' for gods sake.

It is unfortunate that players like Jones and Vaea miss out but in a world cup year you can understand why you'd prefer to have a more experienced group. I really can't wait for 2016 when all of these young guns get a crack as the older lads move to Chateaus and Mediterranean beaches.

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
I am not saying this is either a good or a bad move if true, but it really makes me wonder what the point of all the hoo-ha over announcing the 60 caps/7 year rule was if it is broken this soon after bringing it in. As far as I know Douglas hasn't signed for 2 years with the ARU and definitely hasn't played the 'required' number of years/matches.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...sh-club-leinster/story-fnii0ksb-1227429793205

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah let's not get too carried away with Douglas yet, he's a way off training let alone playing.

With regards to Mumm I don't have any problems with him being included in the train on squad. The comparison with Elsom is not comparing apples with apples as he was called straight into the match day squad when he returned.

You can't really assess the merits of his inclusion on how he was playing 3 years ago. At that point in time Carter and Simmons were a couple of seasons out of the U20s and Arnold wasn't even playing rugby I don't think. It's no secret that our locks haven't been our shining stars over the last couple of seasons and the more we have to choose from the better I reckon.

Presumably the first hurdle for Mumm is to be assessed on the training park relative to his peers. Assuming he outperforms he will be included in the trimmed down squad for the first 2 games and the only way to test him out then is to give him game time and see how he performs.

If that's the process, and I assume it is, I have no problem with that.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Douglas?
This is turning into a circus and a slap in the face for players who have committed to playing in Australia..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I do wonder whether they are trying to actually get him back playing in Aus as well ie signed with a S15 club for 2016, it then becomes within the rules'ish

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Yep, I do wonder whether they are trying to actually get him back playing in Aus as well ie signed with a S15 club for 2016, it then becomes within the rules'ish
Signed for Leinster for next year which could make things a little difficult but contracts don't seem to be worth a whole lot these days.

Presumably his Irish club would have signed him on particular salary becuase he was not eligible for Wallaby selection. Can't see them being too happy about any of this either

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Signed for Leinster for next year which could make things a little difficult but contracts don't seem to be worth a whole lot these days.

Presumably his Irish club would have signed him on particular salary becuase he was not eligible for Wallaby selection. Can't see them being too happy about any of this either

yeah, if Leinster are holding him, then he shouldn't be considered

My only thoughts were he wasn't particularly successful there last season and these clubs will often cut their losses, if the can, especially with the coach who signed him leaving/sacked

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Andy Ellis, Moala, Slade and Dagg are craps. The Kiwis who aren't Saders supporters hate Izzy Dagg. Luke Romano is average.

In this team there are 3 players that I would like for the Wallabies XV: Owen Franks, Brodie Retallick and Kieran Read. They would make a difference at the Wallabies starting XV. I had chosen McCaw and Carter 3 years ago

Kaino, Whitelock and a fit SBW would walk into the wallabies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I totally agree; Horwill's decline has been dramatic, almost in direct correlation to Link moving to the Wallaby job. He's the kind of committed team player that works off the pride of the team. Ever since his injury in 2013 and Graham came to the Reds Horwill has just fallen into obscurity. Honestly he used to be one of my favourite players over KB (Kurtley Beale) and QC (Quade Cooper) and JOC (James O'Connor) because of his pride and integrity but he hasn't had much to be proud about. Chieka is the kind of Coach that will drag Horwill out of his dip and put a fire into his gut. I definitely think there's a plan.

I think the same of Cummins, although I doubt he'll get a gurnsey. He's the kind of down the straight thrashing machine that will get the team going( I just think Horne is pretty much the same frame but in form)

Deam Mumm is an understandible selection, I don't think he'll see game this year but he's an experienced campaigner and was never a let down. all this crap about him not being tall enough for lineouts is just nitpicking he's 6'5' for gods sake.

It is unfortunate that players like Jones and Vaea miss out but in a world cup year you can understand why you'd prefer to have a more experienced group. I really can't wait for 2016 when all of these young guns get a crack as the older lads move to Chateaus and Mediterranean beaches.

It's possible that Graham's struggles as a coach have more to do with Horwill's decline as a player, than vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.