• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Most of the NRL clubs have pretty good backing. Not everyone values being on the front of the jersey though. Are Cronulla the only team without a jersey sponsor?

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
@ Qwerty - when one of the commentators made a comment to the effect of "you'd be worried about Beale going to league considering the culture of league players misbehaving", I cant remember the name of that muppet with the bald head, but it was like he took it personally that someone would consider League to have a worse culture than rugby. His comments were to the effect of "give me a break, the players are just as bad in rugby, the only difference is people actually care about league, because rugby is a boring game"....what a fuckwit. seriously how much do the ARU pay fox to promote their product and then they have this twit on the Back-page shitting on our game for no reason. It seems like rugby is always the target too.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It's an inferiority complex, BDA. They know their game has a shocking reputation and is piss weak on the world stage, so the only way they can feel good about themselves is to attack the more successful code.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It's an inferiority complex, BDA. They know their game has a shocking reputation and is piss weak on the world stage, so the only way they can feel good about themselves is to attack the more successful code.

It has a certain grain of truth in there, anyone who has ever been on a good rugby tour (or even very late at a rugby club) should be aware of the mayhem that does ensue

I am just thankful that my worst moments were before camera phones, twitter and instagram were around

As most rugby players profile verges on invisible to the media scum, it doesn't get published

But don't for one moment think that ugly shit doesn't go on, they are very fit, very confident, good looking young units who are rewarded for risk taking on the field, with money and too much spare time.

You guys don't think there is a bit of risk taking and general stupidityhappening off the field?

Come on

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I think, generally, we're a level above though.

I can't remember the last time a rugby player glassed his girlfriend and tried to pin it on his mate, or took a dump in a hotel hallway.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I think, generally, we're a level above though.

I can't remember the last time a rugby player glassed his girlfriend and tried to pin it on his mate, or took a dump in a hotel hallway.

Mate,

a guy I played with had a party trick of dropping a dump in lady's hand bags.

Another was known for "helicopters" (ie when needing to spew, he just started spinning)

Another taught me how to break a schooner glass to get a point on it

etc etc ................ and not that many years ago

"level above" only means not getting caught or not being caught and linked to rugby

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Mate,

a guy I played with had a party trick of dropping a dump in lady's hand bags.

Another was known for "helicopters" (ie when needing to spew, he just started spinning)

Another taught me how to break a schooner glass to get a point on it

etc etc ...... and not that many years ago

"level above" only means not getting caught or not being caught and linked to rugby

Fucken hell :eek:

T

Train Without a Station

Brumbieman you need to come for a night out with a few of my rugby mates. Pants optional, but not encouraged.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think there is a difference between park hacks and elite professionals. Elite rugby players tend to stay out of trouble more than league players. Our guys sleep in, eat burgers at 4am or get rowdy on a plane when they can't sit next to their girlfriends on a quick trip to Bali.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The difference you're all missing is that elite rugby players can't get recognised on a night out! League players are all over the paper, and hanging out where other bogans can see them, so the camera phones are out and running in case the lesser bogans get something they can show to their mates or sell to a news channel.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It has a certain grain of truth in there, anyone who has ever been on a good rugby tour (or even very late at a rugby club) should be aware of the mayhem that does ensue

I am just thankful that my worst moments were before camera phones, twitter and instagram were around

As most rugby players profile verges on invisible to the media scum, it doesn't get published

But don't for one moment think that ugly shit doesn't go on, they are very fit, very confident, good looking young units who are rewarded for risk taking on the field, with money and too much spare time.

You guys don't think there is a bit of risk taking and general stupidityhappening off the field?

Come on

It's a matter of degree, FP. Yes stuff happens on tour, but how many rape allegations, shitting in hotel hallways, pissing in ones mouth and putting it on social media assault and battery charges et al do we have coming out of our game? Heck, League has more of these incidents than all the other sporting codes in Australia *combined*.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The idea that this sort of behaviour only becomes public because the person is high profile is ridiculous.

Outrageous behaviour of many kinds done by complete nobodies generally finds its way onto the internet these days and eventually the people involved get named and shamed.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The difference is that League players hang out with their so-called 'mates' who don't give a toss if their 'mate' gets in trouble. Rugby mates look after each other and make sure they don't get into those circumstances. Looks at QC (Quade Cooper) for example. When he hung out with his 'mates' from Springwood High they left him high and dry after that break in. I am sorry but the mates I grew up with playing would never do that sort of thing.....after we broke into a place.... ha ha joking about breaking in but I hope you get my point.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The idea that this sort of behaviour only becomes public because the person is high profile is ridiculous.

Outrageous behaviour of many kinds done by complete nobodies generally finds its way onto the internet these days and eventually the people involved get named and shamed.

Dead right. Every night on the news we see some idiot doing something stupid. Just two nights ago on the news in Perth there was the verdict in the trial of a bloke done for DUI on a motorised esky(!). He wasn't famous before that.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dead right. Every night on the news we see some idiot doing something stupid. Just two nights ago on the news in Perth there was the verdict in the trial of a bloke done for DUI on a motorised esky(!). He wasn't famous before that.

I particularly liked the action shot of him popping a wheelie.

a_090614genmichael1_19s6q5r-19s6q5v.jpg

Rugby Is My Life

Herbert Moran (7)
We seem to finally have some solid depth - something we've lacked for a long time. When you've got guys like Beale on the bench along with Genia, etc injured and we're still playing ok - things look good.

Time will tell exactly where we're at once we've played the All Blacks and Springboks. Geez I hope the boys prove a lot of people wrong and continue their winning ways!

Status
Not open for further replies.