• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Henry may have been one of the best wingers at Super Rugby level, but that didn't translate to test level.. Whether he was still getting over an injury, finding form or whatever the issue was, he didn't do enough to warrant automatic selection, he will need to start the auditioning process again in 2015.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Alo-Emile is playing rugby in aus in 2015. He's with the Rebels. It's thereafter that he's signed to Europe so he is eligible for the Wallabies. He passes the required criteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mistake. I'd really like to see him get a go next year.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Henry may have been one of the best wingers at Super Rugby level, but that didn't translate to test level.. Whether he was still getting over an injury, finding form or whatever the issue was, he didn't do enough to warrant automatic selection, he will need to start the auditioning process again in 2015.

Yeah..... just as JOC (James O'Connor) will have to do the same.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Alo-Emile is playing rugby in aus in 2015. He's with the Rebels. It's thereafter that he's signed to Europe so he is eligible for the Wallabies. He passes the required criteria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Alo-Emile the solution for our scrum problems? :eek:

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
ehh not that he did an AMAZING job, but I think it was eddie jones...THINK it was..that said PAO had the best scrummaging back in australia.. guess meaning that in regards to keeping the tight head side solid. Id rather forgo alexanders field play, to ensure we dont give even MORE scrum penalties late in the game.

Real shame he is leaving especially with kepu and alexander probs finishing up aswell - and weeks is no spring chicken or world class THP either.

Speight will start I imagine - but would hate to be Cheika to pick the back 3 and reserve. - it is really an embarrassment of riches. I think tomane and Horne will miss out on the tour squad unfortunately. And Hunt will have to have a stupidly awesome season to hope trying to knock out say...beale..from the tour squad.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)

ALL players are in permanent audition for the gold jersey

Speight is one of the few Aussie players who could start in an All Blacks XV.

Not only a thought of mine, that said by Dave Rennie, the most successful Kiwi coach in the last seven years at Super Rugby level.

Rennie tried to carry NZ to Speight (Henry played in Waikato) and told him that he could easily start in the All Blacks XV. But Henry said that he is happy in Australia and is committed to the Australian rugby, especially with Brumbies

Given his rivals (Cory Jane & Charles Piutau), he could start at 14 in the black jersey like Joe Rokocoko.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
ehh not that he did an AMAZING job, but I think it was eddie jones.THINK it was..that said PAO had the best scrummaging back in australia.. guess meaning that in regards to keeping the tight head side solid. Id rather forgo alexanders field play, to ensure we dont give even MORE scrum penalties late in the game.

And Hunt will have to have a stupidly awesome season to hope trying to knock out say.beale..from the tour squad.

My recollection is that it was Bob Dwyer who said that about PAE, but I might be wrong. In any case, he looks to be the best THP prospect going round atm and it was a shame he wasn't used on the EOYT and will be a shame that he's off overseas at the end of 2015.

I will be hoping with all my might that Hunt has such a stand out year that he provides another top class option at 15 for the Wallabies, and that we can then say bye-bye to KB (Kurtley Beale).

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Speight is one of the few Aussie players who could start in an All Blacks XV.

Not only a thought of mine, that said by Dave Rennie, the most successful Kiwi coach in the last seven years at Super Rugby level.

Rennie tried to carry NZ to Speight (Henry played in Waikato) and told him that he could easily start in the All Blacks XV. But Henry said that he is happy in Australia and is committed to the Australian rugby, especially with Brumbies

Given his rivals (Cory Jane & Charles Piutau), he could start at 14 in the black jersey like Joe Rokocoko.
I'd imagine carrying Speight through the Tasman sea would be mighty difficult for Rennie, no matter how determined he is to bring him to NZ.

And there is no way Speight would start in the All Blacks starting lineup with proven international performers like Savea, Smith, Jane, and Piutau around.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'd imagine carrying Speight through the Tasman sea would be mighty difficult for Rennie, no matter how determined he is to bring him to NZ.

And there is no way Speight would start in the All Blacks starting lineup with proven international performers like Savea, Smith, Jane, and Piutau around.

1- I said he could start at 14 in the starting All Blacks XV
2- Ben Smith is better fullback than Izzy Dagg
3- I know many Kiwis who don't want Izzy Dagg as starting 15. Most Kiwis prefer to Ben Smith at 15. Izzy Dagg is only defended by Saders supporters.
4- Cory Jane is the shadow of the top class player he was years ago
5- Is Charles Piutau a proven international player??? He has only 14 caps!!! And in most of those games he was on the bench most of the game. Henry would smash him, easily
6- My starting NZ XV: 11- Julian Savea 14 - Henry Speight 15 - Ben Smith
7- Yes, he can ;)

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
1- I said he could start at 14 in the starting All Blacks XV
2- Ben Smith is better fullback than Izzy Dagg
3- I know many Kiwis who don't want Izzy Dagg as starting 15. Most Kiwis prefer to Ben Smith at 15. Izzy Dagg is only defended by Saders supporters.
4- Cory Jane is the shadow of the top class player he was years ago
5- Is Charles Piutau a proven international player??? He has only 14 caps!!! And in most of those games he was on the bench most of the game. Henry would smash him, easily
6- My starting NZ XV: 11- Julian Savea 14 - Henry Speight 15 - Ben Smith
7- Yes, he can ;)

1 and 4 I don't dispute; 2 is contentious to say the least. But to question the credentials of Piutau (who has dominated at ITM Cup level, Super Rugby level for the Blues, and has proven himself 14 times in tests - his 2013 test in France being a highlight) and then turn around and hypothesise that a two-test Wallaby (who's only dominated at Super Rugby level) would "smash him" and Cory Jane is folly.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
So I'm just gonna do this again..but different..
Need a team that has the POTENTIAL to win..I think alot of the recent 'new'wallabies are picked on stats..therefore they do their job..but do JUST their job....we need those who we know..at their best..are amongst the best and therefore have a tiny chance of beating the best..Just thinking..crunch time...world cup..multiple games...need experienced players.

1. Slipper 2. Moore 3. Kepu
4. Simmons 5. Horwill
6. Higs 8. Palu 7. Pocock
9. Genia 10.Quade 11/14. JOC (James O'Connor) 12. To'omua 13. Kuridrani 11/14. Speight 15. Folau
16. TPN 17. Robinson 18. Alexander 19. Skelton 20. Hooper 21. Phipps 22. Beale 23. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

I know some of these guys havnt been in the best form lately...but like...carter is NOT a world class lock and never will be, nor will mcmahon, mccalman, fardy, foley, phipps ever be considered world class... yet guys like horwill, palu, genia, quade, pocock...have all been at least mentioned in that level before - and are more likely to do so again

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
i knowwww. but they are struggling to win already.....do we just resign ourselves to being never a chance against the top teams?

who should it be...this is the optimum 23 thread...so who should be in the optimum 23

T

Tip

Mate, I am sorry to have to tell you, that team would struggle to win a game.
1. Slipper 2. Moore 3. Kepu
4. Simmons 5. Horwill
6. Higs 8. Palu 7. Pocock
9. Genia 10.Quade 11/14. JOC (James O'Connor) 12. To'omua 13. Kuridrani 11/14. Speight 15. Folau
16. TPN 17. Robinson 18. Alexander 19. Skelton 20. Hooper 21. Phipps 22. Beale 23. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
You're right @wamberal, you would struggle to win any games with Beale and skelton as your reserves. 2014 is a true testament to this.
Replace Beale with K.Hunt and Skelton with a proper 2nd row and we might have a chance.
Throw the Honeybadger on the wing to boost team morale after Beale has a dummyspit because he's not good enough to make the starting XV, let alone the 23

T

TOCC

If Greg Holmes has another season like he did in 2014 he surely has to come into consideration for reserve tight-head prop

T

TOCC

ok then.. let me rephrase....

If Greg Holmes has another season like 2014 then i think he should be the reserve tight head prop

Status
Not open for further replies.