• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby 31 players for 2015 RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I'm most impressed, and more than a bit surprised, that the Tahs have got him playing close to 80 minutes most weeks. Still work to do, but his improvement is good to see. Seems to have a good work ethic.

He also looks more astute around most aspects of a locks game. It is really allowing him to be more versatile in a team structure. As every week goes on, it is becoming easier to select him and use his unique size combined with skill without having to compensate for weaknesses in his game. He is really looking the goods at the moment.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
The Wallabies training group is in. Only 1 more Brumby than Reds players. Interesting/strange inclusions are Frisby, Neville, english, Dennis, Ryan, Schatz.

Wallabies workshop – Brumbies: Ben Alexander, Sam Carter, Scott Fardy, Tevita Kuridrani, Christian Leali'ifano, Stephen Moore, David Pocock, Scott Sio, Henry Speight, Joe Tomane, Matt To'omua, Nic White. Force: Nathan Charles, Pekahou Cowan, Nick Cummins, Tetera Faulkner, Kyle Godwin, Matt Hodgson, Ben McCalman. Reds: Quade Cooper, Saia Fainga'a, Nick Frisby, Will Genia, Liam Gill, James Hanson, James Horwill, James O'Connor, Jake Schatz, Rob Simmons, James Slipper. Rebels: Tom English, Scott Higginbotham, Luke Jones, Sean McMahon, Cadeyrn Neville. Waratahs: Adam Ashley-Cooper, Kurtley Beale, Peter Betham, Dave Dennis, Israel Folau, Bernard Foley, Michael Hooper, Rob Horne, Sekope Kepu, Wycliff Palu, Nick Phipps, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Benn Robinson, Paddy Ryan, Will Skelton.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-union/aus...mbies-in-wallabies-group-20150329-1ma8vf.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
He also looks more astute around most aspects of a locks game. It is really allowing him to be more versatile in a team structure. As every week goes on, it is becoming easier to select him and use his unique size combined with skill without having to compensate for weaknesses in his game. He is really looking the goods at the moment.

Agree Ruggo

If he continues with his development he will be hard not to pick in run on side. The other should be Carter or Simmons. If both are fit and playing well I would probably go with Simmons

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Wallabies training group is in. Only 1 more Brumby than Reds players. Interesting/strange inclusions are Frisby, Neville, english, Dennis, Ryan, Schatz.

Frisby will be the future scrum-half, Genia is going to the abroad and White is useless at international level.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
More or less looks like a squad you'd have picked before the start of the Super Rugby season, and couldn't consider form. Still guys like Ryan and Dennis look like Cheiks picks instead of universal ones.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
More or less looks like a squad you'd have picked before the start of the Super Rugby season, and couldn't consider form. Still guys like Ryan and Dennis look like Cheiks picks instead of universal ones.
Cheika said that the squad was selected before the start of the season and this squad was about consistency.

Meaning there will be changes for the next one

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Well, how the fuck was Pocock selected

What about Simmons and Hodgeson, they haven't played a game this year? This is an info session about personal review for potential selections. Nearly half of this list will not be selected, and I would think fitness and form will be a key to ensuring that selection.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
What about Simmons and Hodgeson, they haven't played a game this year? This is an info session about personal review for potential selections. Nearly half of this list will not be selected, and I would think fitness and form will be a key to ensuring that selection.
\
Simmo played right to the end of last year. Pocock - 2 years - bit of difference there.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
After watching the tahs game, I'm finding it hard to leave Skelton out of the Wallabies starting 15. The guy is a like was like a runaway train most of the game. The go forward he gave the tahs was invaluable.

I agree. Skelton has been great this year. He is so dominate in contact. In contrast I think Carter has had an average season so far. At this stage I'd prefer to see Skelton over Carter, and from a Brumbies fan that is saying a lot.

T

TOCC

I agree. Skelton has been great this year. He is so dominate in contact. In contrast I think Carter has had an average season so far. At this stage I'd prefer to see Skelton over Carter, and from a Brumbies fan that is saying a lot.

Yes I agree, I'm not entirely sure how Carter keeps getting picked in the form team of the week, maybe it's the allusion that he is performing well because the rest of the brumbies pack is playing so well... In either case he was completely outplayed by both Skelton and Dennis in the recent derby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Skelton HAS been effective and physical so far this year, and it's good to see him stay on the field for the full 80 minutes. But, he looks absolutely buggered at the end of each match. I suspect we'll see the best of Will when he's got the physical maturity to handle a full pre-season preparation.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I agree Ryan is a bit of a dud pick and I think just about any other tighthead would've been better but Dennis has been good this year, offering a physicality we are somewhat lacking. His versatility will also be vital in the small world cup squads - I'd expect at least one of him and timani to go to the rwc for that reason alone.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Really I would put Stirzacker a long way in front of Frisby. Also White is going too isn't he?

There are 3 Brumby players who can't play at international level: Ben Alexander, Nic White and Jesse Mogg. ALL the others Brumby's players are welcome :D

Status
Not open for further replies.