• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm open to suggestions....

Daley - 5
Fainga'a - 6. Whichever fucking idiot decided that throwing to the back of a lineout in a cyclone was a good idea should be shot. Other than that, solid effort.
Ma'afu - 6. Destroyed the Munster scrum in the first half, and was busy around the park.

Simmons - 6. Less of a workrate, but much higher impact when he does something.
Mumm - 4. Shocking lineout management, which has to take a fair chunk of the blame for us not getting the required halftime lead that we were VERY obviously going to need with that wind.

Higginbotham - 5. Started well, then got knocked out and didn't come back after halftime.
Hodgson - 4. Penalty machine. If he got a turnover, I missed it, and for all of his energy, he's like Brown. Ineffective.
Brown - 5. A few good hits....other than that, ineffective.

Burgess: 4. No ability to adapt to the conditions. Was steamrolled by Tuitupo on three occasions. Shit tactical kicking, the usual roulette like service.
Barnes - 3. Hands like two left feet, rubbish tactical kicking, no imagination in attack. Good defence

Morahan - 4. Mainly invisible, a few bad kick receipt reads.
Fainga'a - 6. Tackled his guts out, put in a few massive shots, 2 of which lead directly to penalties to Aus. Harsh penalty for the yellow card, and the penalty in the 2nd half was total bollocks, he came straight in through the gate and scored a great turnover. Got a couple of good one's in the first half as well.
McCabe - 5. Solid, but had no front foot ball.
Davies - 5. No opportunities. Took a good high ball in the first half, and a great chase to prevent the Munster try.
Turner - 5. Didn't take advantage of the wind in the first half, and paid for it.

Polota-Nau - 5. Lineout poor, scrum average, work around the park not up to his usual standard.
Slipper - Hardly used.
Humphries - 5, though only got 10mins or so.
McCutcheon - 5 Like Brown and Hodgson, ineffective.
Phipps - 5. A bit meh, struggles for space in 15s
Giteau - Not used
Hynes - 5. Got about 10 mins. Nothing good, nothing bad.

Summary - All you lot calling for Barnes to be elevated can fuck off. A couple of good games for Sydney uni is the summation of his season. Higginbotham can have Brown's bench spot. Fainga'a deserves Barnes spot. Simmons a possible call up.....other than that I didn't see anyone make a positive case for their call up to the A team. Scrum went well though.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I thought Ma'food was our best player on the night.

Now there's a sentence I never thought I would say.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Fainga'a A was pretty good, despite the crapitude of those immediately to his inside, and Lawrences hallucinations.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I thought they were all rubbish and it was a typical Australian team wet weather display.

A pack soft cock forwards playing with no unity, the inability to bend their backs and get stuck in

The backs were rubbish as well, it wasn't a night to run the ball, it was a night where you played field position and put on pressure (funnily enough just like Munster)

Link is the only coach in Aus prepared to coach for the conditions, especially in the wet. The rest want us to fling it about, run one out and commit few to the break down,

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I thought they were all rubbish and it was a typical Australian team wet weather display.

A pack soft cock forwards playing with no unity, the inability to bend their backs and get stuck in

The backs were rubbish as well, it wasn't a night to run the ball, it was a night where you played field position and put on pressure (funnily enough just like Munster)

Link is the only coach in Aus prepared to coach for the conditions, especially in the wet. The rest want us to fling it about, run one out and commit few to the break down,

Yep. They barely kicked into the wind, just drove it up with the forwards, but took massive advantage of the wind in the 2nd half, the opposite of us.

RE Fainga'a: Aside from the lineout, yes. I'm not going to blame him for someone calling a throw to the back on those conditions.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Davies has clearly lost pace.

There was an opportunity to try to run around an opposition player when countering near our own 22 which he didn't even try to take. The save he made was because the ball bounced his way: he was making no inroads at all on the opposing Munster backs.

Hamstrings, shit. :(

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Also, we have to remember this was TPN's first cap. He is a Tongan player, but is keen to be a part of the Wallabies setup.

Commentators - hilarious. :)

T

TheTruth

what gives me the craps is that there is a lot of talent running around in the extended squad but so little uncompromising MONGREL.

This is our national team. I don't mind losing games as long as maximum effort is exerted in the attempt

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Thought Hodgson had a decent night, comparatively. Without him the breakdown turned into a shambles. Getting penalised by Bryce tonight wasn't very difficult

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Davies has clearly lost pace.

There was an opportunity to try to run around an opposition player when countering near our own 22 which he didn't even try to take. The save he made was because the ball bounced his way: he was making no inroads at all on the opposing Munster backs.

Hamstrings, shit. :(

To be fair, that possible break: He slipped (not an isolated incident) and then realised he wouldn't have got round the defence, so cut back in. Agree about the lack of penetration though, he is a bit of a "Put him into space and let him finish" type of winger.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
If Ma'afu was the best Wallaby player on the park then things must have been dire (haven't watched it yet - maybe I'm not going to?)

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Sounds like piss poor use of the Bench again. Crocked lineout managment and Van only gets 10 minutes. The only way I can make any sense of that is to think they want him for a test berth on Saturday. I haven't seen the game but it sounds like Barnes lead his side around the park with the conviction of a vegitarian shark.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Yep, looks like Slipper will start and Van at least be on the bench (possible even starting). Burgess might have played himself out of a start?

Status
Not open for further replies.