• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Mick the Kick is probably the only guy who isn't clearly open to criticism on performance. I wonder why they're keeping Larkham in house; post-World Cup appointment?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Interesting keeping him on - but noticed it's as they support him back to the Head Coach gig.

So instead of paying him out and forcing him away, they will just....keep paying him to do a backroom job / hang around with 7s/women/juniors until an opening comes up.

Shame we delayed this so we lost out on Wisemantel. Locked in with England through the WC now. I'd be appointing some temporary replacements, then Jumping on guys like Wisemantel, Bakarat and Taylor as a team post WC.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Mick the Kick is probably the only guy who isn't clearly open to criticism on performance. I wonder why they're keeping Larkham in house; post-World Cup appointment?

The forwards skills in the past two years have come on in leaps and bounds. Look at someone like Coleman.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So who do they look at to come into that backs role? This close to the world cup and with personality issues being a concern there can't be many candidates. Maybe Turinui? He's the only person who comes to mind as available and experienced enough with cheika to come in at this stage.

Mudslider

Allen Oxlade (6)
So if Cheka was directing the team on field and not allowing Larkham to coach the attack, my question is why didn’t Cheika’s chosen team of wallabies getting win results.??? Why isn’t Cheika’s nailing it as a coach...Watching what games Cheika’s had no interaction with the coaches in the box... Chekua has offered Karkgam to save his arse... it will go down in history against him...

Mudslider

Allen Oxlade (6)
Interesting keeping him on - but noticed it's as they support him back to the Head Coach gig.

So instead of paying him out and forcing him away, they will just..keep paying him to do a backroom job / hang around with 7s/women/juniors until an opening comes up.

Shame we delayed this so we lost out on Wisemantel. Locked in with England through the WC now. I'd be appointing some temporary replacements, then Jumping on guys like Wisemantel, Bakarat and Taylor as a team post WC.

rA kept Larkham because they don’t believe Cheika’s can deliver a heard of goats to a village sale yard..

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Keeps the door open for Larkhams Wallaby Head Coach anointment. IF the Wallabies continue to be crap - he has successfully distanced himself from the existing structure and the results by basically saying he couldn't do what he wanted to do.

Gotta be more pressure on Cheika. Laying the blame on the Attack and firing Gods favourite son, whilst keeping the poorly performing mate in Grey and the random forwards coach. If the Wallabies attack does not improve, then Cheikas legacy will be tarnished further.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Keeps the door open for Larkhams Wallaby Head Coach anointment. IF the Wallabies continue to be crap - he has successfully distanced himself from the existing structure and the results by basically saying he couldn't do what he wanted to do.

Gotta be more pressure on Cheika. Laying the blame on the Attack and firing Gods favourite son, whilst keeping the poorly performing mate in Grey and the random forwards coach. If the Wallabies attack does not improve, then Cheikas legacy will be tarnished further.

yep this pretty much encapsulates it for me.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Now we've actually got two rounds of form to argue about. Based on the past two weeks, Foley would be waterboy with Quade and CLL to duke it out for 10. Probably Quade in my eyes seeing as he got the best of the Brumbies the week before.

Banks has to get his debut soon as does Petaia. None of this too young or inexperienced. They're making fools out of everyone and it's a joy to watch. No idea who goes in the back five. Honestly there'll be some big names to miss out.

After this weekend I'd have Rodda and Arnold in the locks. But an eye on Coleman to keep his form coming. McCaffrey has been sensational but I don't know if there's any room for him. Also happy with Dempsey's return.

Reactions: dru

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Now we've actually got two rounds of form to argue about. Based on the past two weeks, Foley would be waterboy with Quade and CLL to duke it out for 10. Probably Quade in my eyes seeing as he got the best of the Brumbies the week before.

Banks has to get his debut soon as does Petaia. None of this too young or inexperienced. They're making fools out of everyone and it's a joy to watch. No idea who goes in the back five. Honestly there'll be some big names to miss out.

After this weekend I'd have Rodda and Arnold in the locks. But an eye on Coleman to keep his form coming. McCaffrey has been sensational but I don't know if there's any room for him. Also happy with Dempsey's return.
11. Folau
12. Kerevi
13. TK
14. Banks
15. DHP
23. Maddocks

Maybe.

McCaffrey, Dempsey (and Jones?) should be slogging it out for 6. Valetini and Naisarani 8 and Hooper and Pocock 7.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
11. Folau
12. Kerevi
13. TK
14. Banks
15. DHP
23. Maddocks

Maybe.

McCaffrey, Dempsey (and Jones?) should be slogging it out for 6. Valetini and Naisarani 8 and Hooper and Pocock 7.
A small gripe but if Folau is going to play wing it will be at 14 not 11. I see a lot of people put him down as 11 but he’s a right winger given his huge right foot step. Unfortunately, the nuances of playing on the wing don’t get enough respect and as a former winger I’ve had enough of these subtleties being overlooked.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
11. Folau
12. Kerevi
13. TK
14. Banks
15. DHP
23. Maddocks

Maybe.

I still also think we need a second playmaker at test level, not bothered where they play (12,13 or 15) but another option makes it harder for defenses to nullify the playmaker

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)

Jones and Philip put in a masterclass in their only appearance to date. Rodda also very good in one match sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.