• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
About time we had a smokey. I have not seen a lot of him this year, but the little I have seen of Jed Holloway makes me wonder how he has not cracked the Tahs yet. He seems to be a good all round eight, bit and strong.

It's about time we had another Cinderella story in our code, it is all so predictable these days. We need another Phil Kearns from reserve grade story.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Would only be due to the backrow depth at the Tahs. He would be playing for other franchises. Great talent.

T

Train Without a Station

Cinderella stories like that don't exist anymore. Unlike 1990 there are no unknown quality players running around due to media exposure. Any decent club player, word gets around.

Also, as players are now full time professionals they all are willing to move for an opportunity.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Speight looks like our answer to Savea. A real shame Henry's not available for the first Bledisloe.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
You'd imagine he'll be picked in our Rugby Championship squad from the start.

He already trained for the French series as one of the plus-fours too?

I would have thought the ongoing eligibility, including the fact that it would need to be part of his contract, would keep him out of official training, though I guess there are ways around it.

What is his contract status at the Brumbies - marquee player?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He already trained for the French series as one of the plus-fours too?

I would have thought the ongoing eligibility, including the fact that it would need to be part of his contract, would keep him out of official training, though I guess there are ways around it.

What is his contract status at the Brumbies - marquee player?

I think he's now just a regular player at the Brumbies because he is in the process of becoming eligible.

I can't see how any IRB regulations would stop him training with the Wallabies. I can't imagine he'll need to be outside the main squad this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.