• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratah Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If Kinross hasn't entered this year, and Knox similar, that means that only two first round games have been played. Only Farrer Ag and Prairewood High remaining to confirm if a third game was actually played in round 1.

Pretty poor form really.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
If Kinross hasn't entered this year, and Knox similar, that means that only two first round games have been played. Only Farrer Ag and Prairewood High remaining to confirm if a third game was actually played in round 1.

Pretty poor form really.

What is REALLY poor Form is entering, and the bottling-out when it comes time to play the fixture... Not really too interested in what the "reasons" are - seems to me that if Adults in Schools are demonstrating this is the way to value your word, then we know what to expect from the kids in a few years...

The teachers I had at school would have been telling us that even if we went down in a Tsunami, we had to front-up, and play the bloody game we had signed-on to play.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Thanks for the update.

St Pats to be commended for actually playing games in Waratah Shield.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Waratah Cup Results Summary

SYDNEY NORTH POOL: Turramurra HS 26 bt Killara HS 14, Killara HS 15 bt Davidson HS 14, Turramurra HS 17 bt Davidson HS 7.
Winner: Turramurra HS.

CENTRAL COAST POOL: Gosford High 15 bt Erina High 7, MacKillop Catholic College 19 bt Tuggerah Lakes Secondary College 14, Brisbane Water Secondary College 14 bt Terrigal High 0, Gosford High 24 bt Henry Kendall High 0, MacKillop Catholic College 29 bt Northlakes High 0, Narara Valley High 7 bt Terrigal High 0, Erina High 7 bt Henry Kendall High 5, Northlakes High 22 bt Tuggerah Lakes Secondary College 14, Brisbane Water Secondary College 28 bt Narara Valley 7. Semi-final: Gosford High 5 bt MacKillop Catholic College 5 (first try scorer), Brisbane Water Secondary College 27 bt Erina High 5.
Final: Brisbane Water Secondary College 19 bt Gosford High 7.

WESTERN REGION ORANGE: James Sheehan Catholic HS Orange 46 bt Forbes HS 5, Forbes HS 21 bt Henry Lawson HS Grenfell 19, James Sheehan Catholic HS Orange 36 bt Henry Lawson HS Grenfell 12.

Winner: James Sheehan Catholic HS Orange

QUARTER FINAL NORTHERN SYDNEY DIVISION: Northern Beaches Secondary College 15 bt Turramurra HS 7, St Pauls 15 bt Brisbane Water Secondary College 14, Brisbane Water Secondary College 12 bt Northern Beaches Secondary College 10, St Pauls 19 bt Turramurra HS 17, St Pauls 10 bt Northern Beaches Secondary College 0, Brisbane Water Secondary College 52 bt Turramurra HS 7.

Winner: St Pauls.

Source: Schools Rugby Tribune
http://schoolstribune.com/waratah-cup-and-shield-update-p917-1.htm

Not sure what happens next or who is progressing to what. There are probably some more games that need to be played before the Cup Winners and Runners up get parachuted into the 1/4 finals of the Waratah Shield.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 2 Games by 19 July are then:
St Augustines vs Daramalan
Winner( Farrer Ag vs Prariewood High) vs Winner (Westfield Sports vs Kinross Wolaroi)

St Patricks vs Marist ACT
St Stannies v Winner (Illawarra Sports v Knox Grammar)

St Edmunds vs Hills Sports
Endeavour Sports vs Oakhill

Round 1 results needed are:
Farrer Ag vs Prariewood High
Westfield Sports vs Kinross Wolaroi
(Illawarra Sports v Knox Grammar

19 Days for Round 2 games to be completed. 2 of these weeks are holidays.

Anyone know anything about proposed dates and locations (or even scores if a game has actually been played)?

Any truth to the rumour that they are going to rename the Waratah Shield, the Bradbury Shield?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't see Epping BHS in the Draw for the Shield.

Have they taken one of the spots of one of the no shows, or are they in the Waratah Cup (Finalist into the 1/4 finals of the Shield competition)?

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
I don't see Epping BHS in the Draw for the Shield.

Have they taken one of the spots of one of the no shows, or are they in the Waratah Cup (Finalist into the 1/4 finals of the Shield competition)?

I'm not the full bottle on this, but pretty sure i heard that Marist Eastwood and Epping BHS (and some other local teams - incl. perhaps Homebush?) were playing Waratah 'something' last Wed but got rained out - must have been the cup then.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm not the full bottle on this, but pretty sure i heard that Marist Eastwood and Epping BHS (and some other local teams - incl. perhaps Homebush?) were playing Waratah 'something' last Wed but got rained out - must have been the cup then.
It would have been the Waratah Cup - this is what the majority of schools now enter. Waratah Shield is basically left to ISA schools and state Sports Highs. Local schools without a full time rugby programme just can't compete, so the Waratah Cup has been set up to provide a competition of sorts for them to play in.

Sideline Eye

Darby Loudon (17)
It would have been the Waratah Cup - this is what the majority of schools now enter. Waratah Shield is basically left to ISA schools and state Sports Highs. Local schools without a full time rugby programme just can't compete, so the Waratah Cup has been set up to provide a competition of sorts for them to play in.

So, do some of the finalists in the Waratah Cup get entry into the Waratah Shield?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Knox to play Marist ACT in Round 3 then.

Round 2 Games by 19 July are then:
St Augustines vs Daramalan
Winner( Farrer Ag vs Prariewood High) vs Winner (Westfield Sports vs Kinross Wolaroi)

St Patricks vs Marist ACT
St Stannies v Winner (Illawarra Sports v Knox Grammar)

St Edmunds vs Hills Sports
Endeavour Sports vs Oakhill
Any other Round 2 Results?

Old Joker

Bob McCowan (2)
Prairiewood forfeited to Farrer in round 1, Kinross forfeited to Westfields in Round 1 then Westfields forfeited to Farrer in Round 2. A sad state of affairs for the "Premier" NSWRU Schoolboys competition!!! Farrer would prefer to be in the next round from results not apathy

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Endeavour Sports are playing Oakhill tomorrow apparently.

Finally some games. Fair Dinkum, the Waratah Shield this year is seeing more games forfeited than played.

Monty Python

Ted Fahey (11)
I hear there is a round robin of games for 4 schools tomorrow at Woollahra Oval in the Waratah Cup / Shield. Does anyone know where more information on this can be found? A draw perhaps, or cumulative results. The Rugby Tribune doesn't seem to have anything up to date. I've Googled for about 10 mintues and can't find a thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.