• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratah Shield/Cup 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
Godsie must have lost his kicking tee as well(or was he one of the missing backs?)
Were the Hills team playing in the 7s comp today? they would have good reason for resting some as well if that was the case,

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
1/4 Finals before 23 JulyQF1. Winner Pool A vs Runner Up Pool BQF2. Winner Pool B vs Runner Up Pool A QF3. Winner Pool C vs Runner Up Pool DQF4. Winner Pool D vs Runner Up Pool C
If things go to plan appears Stannies will get another crack at Augies in the SF.

so does the winner of QF1 and QF2 play semi 1
and the winner of QF3 and QF4 Play semi 2

or is there a different configuration

number 6

Allen Oxlade (6)
Godsie must have lost his kicking tee as well(or was he one of the missing backs?)
Were the Hills team playing in the 7s comp today? they would have good reason for resting some as well if that was the case,
Hills Sports won today's sevens tournament to become NSW champs: They were a class above. St Paul's Manly, Westfields Sports & St Edward's Gosford were the other strong teams on the day.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Ah I didnt see your bold type referring to this quote until now. Its no longer the case because it was a boarder only rule , the rule didnt apply to day bugs.

Thanks for clearing that up. No boarders and going co-ed puts a big hole in any rugby programme, particularly if day boys aren't obligated to play school rugby.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
not sure of dates

Pool A winner v pool B runner up
St Augustine’s College v Farrer Ag HS

Pool B Winner v Pool A runner up
St Stanislaus v Westfields Sports HS
I am assuming Stanis' won the pool

sarcophilus

Charlie Fox (21)
"1/4 Finals before 23 JulyQF1. Winner Pool A vs Runner Up Pool BQF2. Winner Pool B vs Runner Up Pool A QF3. Winner Pool C vs Runner Up Pool DQF4. Winner Pool D vs Runner Up Pool C
If things go to plan appears Stannies will get another crack at Augies in the SF. "

the !/4finals should have been completed now? any results from the other 3 games?

it wouldn't make sense to have pool A and B double back on itself (as there would be a chance both pool a teams would win their matches and have to play each other again. I would suspect the plan would have been to rank last years finalists as 1 and 2 and construct a flow that would have them meet in the final (westfields mucked the plans of men and protrusion into our dimension of vastly hyperintelligent pandimensional beings, up)

in the absence of any other information I expect to see a three way tussle with the winner between Eddies, Oak hill to take on Augies for one final spot.
The other spot, maybe a winner takes all final ISA round between stannies and St Pats? on 8/8

just making things up here in the absence of any better info

pilot

Allen Oxlade (6)
I could be wrong but I believe Oakhill play St Edmunds and St Pats play Baulkham Hills Sports. Winners to face off against each other and then play winner of Auggies v Stannies in the final.

On the ball

Frank Row (1)
Waratah Cup Semi Finals are to be held on the same day as the Waratah and Buchan Shield Semis. Wednesday 12th August at TG Milner Field
Waratah Cup
9:45am – Hunter Valley Grammar v Redfield College
11am – Erindale College v Epping Boys High

pilot

Allen Oxlade (6)
Redfield are undefeated in ISA division 2. I imagine Hunter Valley Grammar would have a good team to make it this far. Both games should be good to watch. Throw in the Waratah Shield semis and that makes a bloody good day of schoolboy rugby.

Boof

Ward Prentice (10)
Redfield are undefeated in ISA division 2. I imagine Hunter Valley Grammar would have a good team to make it this far. Both games should be good to watch. Throw in the Waratah Shield semis and that makes a bloody good day of schoolboy rugby.

A bit nervous for the HVGS boys, a good test to see where the school is at anyway. First time for them making it this far.

AngryDog 2

Bob McCowan (2)
A real tough game today between Oakhill and St Edmunds
St Edmunds really made the most of Oakhills weaknesses especially at Scrum time really showing dominance over the Oakhill front row

Notable Players:
St Edmunds Number 8 Ryan Bol- was dominant all around the park
Oakhill Fullback - had speed to burn and looked dangerous with ball in hand

Oakhill Australian school boy Anderson was playing on one leg and was very quiet by his standards

At the end of the day St Edmunds were the much better team and deserved to win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.