• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I know its high pressure but parents see this stuff and keep the kids away.

Tha Fuck?

Sorry but that is a load of tripe. If anything is keeping people away, its that they have other options, and that the Wallabies have done nothing great for years, so rugby suffers.

On Saturday there were heaps of kids at the game (mine included). At the restaurant beforehand I saw a ratio of 1 Dad per 2-3 kids all in Tahs' gear.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tha Fuck?

Sorry but that is a load of tripe. If anything is keeping people away, its that they have other options, and that the Wallabies have done nothing great for years, so rugby suffers.

On Saturday there were heaps of kids at the game (mine included). At the restaurant beforehand I saw a ratio of 1 Dad per 2-3 kids all in Tahs' gear.

I think he needs to curb it a little and Im not talking old fans Im talking new fans.

I just think its not a great look.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Are you saying the Brumbies are still wildly popular because their coaches are nice guys? I don't see it in the attendance figures...

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Are you saying the Brumbies are still wildly popular because their coaches are nice guys? I don't see it in the attendance figures.

Jesus it wasnt attack on your team and no theres nothing wrong in Tah land.. People have done the stats per capita and size of our stadium's we do much better..

I hope theres no glass doors around.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think that's an odd comment Tomikin, not sure how Cheika's antics have anything to do with crowd attendances, I certainly can't see people basing their decision on going to a game or not on Cheika's behaviour.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My guess is that most of the casual fans that we're talking here in terms of whether or not they're likely to attend the rugby probably couldn't tell you who the Waratahs coach is.

Most of the members are probably only familiar with half the team and the casual fans probably know a couple of the stars and that would be about it.

There is a vast gulf in the rugby knowledge between people like us who participate on a rugby forum and the casual fan who are tossing up whether or not to go to a Waratahs game this year.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
The kids go to Rugby League games, apparently in droves.
Of course, nothing unsavoury happens on or off the field with players or coaches, so that must be why the kiddies get to go...

Ah so we need a propaganda machine that Kim Il-Sung would be proud of?

I've heard a few whispers from Ireland that Kane Douglas is in talks with Leinster for a move in September. Would be strange to move the season before a World Cup but Leinster do have a lot of money to spend after never really replacing Isa Nacewa and Jonny Sexton.

T

Tip

I've heard a few whispers from Ireland that Kane Douglas is in talks with Leinster for a move in September. Would be strange to move the season before a World Cup but Leinster do have a lot of money to spend after never really replacing Isa Nacewa and Jonny Sexton.
Leinster would be better off spending their spare dosh on Irish players IMO. Or they could save the money for the day when French teams come knocking for their top players services.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Or they could save the money for the day when French teams come knocking for their top players services.

That will only deliver short term prevention of the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys flogging their players. Far better to build a good team and shrug away the future with c'est la vie in my opinion.

Douglas could do worse than go get the money. He's been a fringe Wallaby at best, though he has the potential to cement a spot for sure. The performances of guys like Luke Jones are probably giving him a little pause, but he should realise that he can lift his game further.

The issue is whether Link thinks Horwill still has it in him. I haven't seen a lot of Reds footage this year but indications are Horwill isn't a sure thing any more.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Leinster would be better off spending their spare dosh on Irish players IMO. Or they could save the money for the day when French teams come knocking for their top players services.

More than slightly off topic but they've managed to sign up all off contract Irish internationals until 2016, the player management scheme and the tax refund at the end of career makes it worthwhile to stay in Ireland. In the first choice 23 they have 23 Irish internationals and routinely supply large numbers of the u-20 squads, spend on Irish players isn't an issue.

Douglas could do worse than go get the money. He's been a fringe Wallaby at best, though he has the potential to cement a spot for sure. The performances of guys like Luke Jones are probably giving him a little pause, but he should realise that he can lift his game further.

With my Waratahs hat on I'd agree with you, there seems to be younger locks with a higher ceiling than him coming through there'd be no shame in taking the money. With my Leinster hat I'd be disappointed if they overpaid for what in international level terms is no more than a journeyman.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

We have that already, which is why crowd figures are supressed and a PR department with nothing to say. :)

What we do need is that North Korean news reader we see from time to time, telling people to get to Waratah matches or they will be sent to Pyongyang for a bit of re-education.;)

I have no idea what she is saying, but I assume it involves American imperialist laps dogs and enemies of the revolution etc.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Just got an email from the Waratahs regarding service levels at SFS:

Dear Waratahs supporter,

The NSW Waratahs would like to update all members and fans on the situation with Allianz Stadium.

Following a number of serious complaints at the standard of service and facilities provided by the Sydney Cricket and Sports Ground Trust (SCG) after the game against the Rebels on March 21, Waratahs Rugby formally notified the Trust of the level of service and facilities that it expects and demands for its members and fans. We will continue to do our utmost to protect the interests of our supporters to ensure that everyone who comes to our games can expect a great gameday experience. Following the late scheduling of the Sydney Swans game before our match against the Bulls last Saturday (April 19), we raised our concerns regarding access and the lack of parking allocated for Waratahs members and fans and made clear our expectations for the Trust to manage these issues. As a result, free shuttle buses were provided to and from the CBD and Chatswood for this game.

In short, we’re on your side and we share your frustrations when your expectations are not met. We strongly encourage all our fans and members to send their feedback on their gameday experience directly to the SCG Trust, the organisation responsible for operational aspects including the scheduling of other games at Allianz Stadium and the SCG, transport, parking and food and beverage. You can do this online or by calling them on (02) 9360 6601. We also encourage you to copy your feedback to us so that we can continue to ensure it is addressed. You can do this by email toenquiries@waratahsrugby.com.au.

It’s in our interest to ensure that all our supporters’ feedback reaches the relevant people at the SCG Trust, in order to ensure that the best interests of our loyal supporters are represented.

Thanks for your continued passion and support.

Yours faithfully

Jason Allen
Waratahs Rugby Chief Executive Officer

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Just got an email from the Waratahs regarding service levels at SFS:

Dear Waratahs supporter,

The NSW Waratahs would like to update all members and fans on the situation with Allianz Stadium.

Following a number of serious complaints at the standard of service and facilities provided by the Sydney Cricket and Sports Ground Trust (SCG) after the game against the Rebels on March 21, Waratahs Rugby formally notified the Trust of the level of service and facilities that it expects and demands for its members and fans. We will continue to do our utmost to protect the interests of our supporters to ensure that everyone who comes to our games can expect a great gameday experience. Following the late scheduling of the Sydney Swans game before our match against the Bulls last Saturday (April 19), we raised our concerns regarding access and the lack of parking allocated for Waratahs members and fans and made clear our expectations for the Trust to manage these issues. As a result, free shuttle buses were provided to and from the CBD and Chatswood for this game.

In short, we’re on your side and we share your frustrations when your expectations are not met. We strongly encourage all our fans and members to send their feedback on their gameday experience directly to the SCG Trust, the organisation responsible for operational aspects including the scheduling of other games at Allianz Stadium and the SCG, transport, parking and food and beverage. You can do this online or by calling them on (02) 9360 6601. We also encourage you to copy your feedback to us so that we can continue to ensure it is addressed. You can do this by email toenquiries@waratahsrugby.com.au.

It’s in our interest to ensure that all our supporters’ feedback reaches the relevant people at the SCG Trust, in order to ensure that the best interests of our loyal supporters are represented.

Thanks for your continued passion and support.

Yours faithfully

Jason Allen
Waratahs Rugby Chief Executive Officer

He lives!!

But, reading behind the lines, what has happened is that he has had two whinges at the SCG Trust and they have told him to fuck off, either politely or otherwise. So now he wants the Waratah supporters to do his job for him, by adding a cacophony of fan complaints to try and do what he could not do.

Has he been to see the Minister responsible for the Trust to complain about their lack of action? Used the Liberal oldboys network to stir up a storm? Threatened to send various Ministers a bottle of Grange if they don't put a bomb under the Trust? Threatened to take all the rest of the games to Parramatta this year if there is no tangible improvement in the Trust's performance?

It is not the fans job to fix the problem. Its the job of the Tahs CEO.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Wow! It must be serious if Jason Allen has done something. Well he's sent an e-mail to ask us to do something.

I'd like him to market the games to the masses instead of us 15,000 diehards who go no matter what.

How about some commercials showing Folau scoring tries and Skelton swatting defenders away like ants? You actually have to build interest and not hope that people will get lost and end up at the SFS by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.