• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
he he he.

You've signed this lad, Taqele Naiyaravoro, for the rest of this season and next!

He's playing for Parramatta this weekend!

The NSW Waratahs have signed exciting Wests Tigers winger Taqele Naiyaravoro for the rest of 2014 Asteron Life Super Rugby season and 2015.
“I always knew I would come back to union and joining the Waratahs is very exciting,” said Naiyaravoro. “I’m glad and happy to be to be pulling on the NSW jumper after watching them on TV as a kid back in Fiji.
“The Waratahs backline excites me, I like to play attacking rugby and the way they play will hopefully suit my style, and I can earn a place in the team alongside players like Israel Folau and Adam Ashley Cooper,” beamed the Waratahs’ latest recruit, who joined the squad for training earlier this week.
Naiyaravoro played rugby all through his school days in Fiji and made the national Under 16s team playing both as a winger and flanker.
The flying Fijian had been selected to play for the Vodafone Fiji Bati side for their rugby league international against Samoa last weekend but was ruled out after announcing his departure from Wests Tigers.
Injuries to winger Peter Betham and Alofa Alofa have left the Waratahs skinny on the flanks, leading to the signing of 23-year-old Naiyaravoro.
“He has a strong rugby background and has been a high performer in his age groups. He’s a proven finisher, a big, strong, hard-running winger. It’s a profile we don’t have,” said delighted Waratahs coach Michael Cheika.
Name: Taqele Naiyaravoro
Position: Wing/flanker
Height: 195cm
Weight: 120kgs
Date Of Birth: 7/1991

Place of Birth: Fiji

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
he he he.

You've signed this lad, Taqele Naiyaravoro, for the rest of this season and next!

He's playing for Parramatta this weekend!

Regardless of whether he is any good or not, his surname is an absolute nightmare. I think he's going to have to become Taqele or else we'll have to cut him. :)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Ratu Nasi.......... changed his name to Nemani Nadolo (don't bag me as a racist or whatever, it was his choice), there's a precedent.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
anyone know your player contract details as others have put together in other threads for other teams?

Adam Ashley-Cooper 2015
Taqele Naiyaravoro 2015
Jono Lance 2015
Nicholas Phipps 2015
Benn Robinson
Alofa Alofa
Ben Volavola
Bernard Foley
Brendan McKibbon
Cameron Crawford
David Dennis
Greg Peterson
Israel Falou
Jacques Potgieter
Jed Holloway
Jeremy Tilse
Kane Douglas
Kurtley Beale
Matt Carraro
Matt Lucas
Michael Hodge
Michael Hooper
Mitchell Chapman
Paddy Ryan
Pat McCutcheon
Peter Betham
Rob Horne
Sekope Kepu
Stephen Hoiles
Tala Gray
Tatafu Polota-Nau
Tolu Latu
Will Skelton

Wycliff Palu

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
I thought Phibbs played for the Brumbies and pretty sure his first name wasn't Nicholas. Nick Phipps is doing pretty good for the 'tahs though and its a good thing he's signed up for 2015 :)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lock will be a big hole next year, I can't think of anyone that's really pressing the issue at Shute Shield level. Holloway is playing very well but I don't think he's tall enough for a lock. Peterson - no.

Any suggestions?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Presumably Mitch Chapman will return next year.

Clearly he's not a replacement for Douglas, but there aren't exactly many players of his calibre around.

Having Greg Peterson signed for multiple years and then being injured for much of it (and not really improving that much in the times he was healthy) has left a bit of a hole. I feel like Adam Coleman would have been a Waratah if we hadn't had Peterson on the books already.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Lock will be a big hole next year, I can't think of anyone that's really pressing the issue at Shute Shield level. Holloway is playing very well but I don't think he's tall enough for a lock. Peterson - no.

Any suggestions?
So Peterson, how many games have you seen him play?
Last year - shoulder recon.
This year so you've been traveling to the Manly games?
Well he's been part of a "team" that hasn't been beaten yet, his form deserves a shot so you can provide a fair assessment, I think you'd be surprised.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
His form might be OK in the SS,but he is flattered by the strength surrounding him. Remembering he has had the benefit of a professional off/ pre season,and is now competing against amateurs.
His form for the Tahs A earlier this year,was average at best.
He has had his chance.
Next.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
His form might be OK in the SS,but he is flattered by the strength surrounding him. Remembering he has had the benefit of a professional off/ pre season,and is now competing against amateurs.
His form for the Tahs A earlier this year,was average at best.
He has had his chance.
Next.
He didn't play last year and I can only comment on games I've seen this year and he's played well. I'd like to see how he goes before I pass comment.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I've seen him during and since school - never been impressed. Low skills and low impact for his size.

Status
Not open for further replies.