• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Spoke to a top level ref pretty recently about this.

He said that considering the refs room is invariably next door to the change rooms, interactions between coaches and refs at half time happen frequently.

This case, he said, was like many others he has seen- a quick question asked of the ref as the coach wanders back up to the box. Ref was happy to answer, and everyone walked away happy.

Storm in a fucking teacup if ever I saw one.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Spoke to a top level ref pretty recently about this.

He said that considering the refs room is invariably next door to the change rooms, interactions between coaches and refs at half time happen frequently.

This case, he said, was like many others he has seen- a quick question asked of the ref as the coach wanders back up to the box. Ref was happy to answer, and everyone walked away happy.

Storm in a fucking teacup if ever I saw one.

What's the ref's name?

Again, I call bullshit. If it's a regular occurrence, why would SANZAR have needed to do an investigation, send a warning to both ref and coach as well as a reminder notice to all other refs and coaches?

If it's a regular occurrence, how could anyone complain that it had happened given that they had probably done the same thing themselves on a number of occasions?

No different to the all the times people have been asked to name their source or not repeat, I say - name your ref.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Seeing that you like to rely on the NZ Herald, maybe you neglected to read these parts of their last article:

The Herald was told that in this instance, the incident didn't meet the threshold to trigger a judicial hearing as Cheika was neither aggressive nor abusive and nor did he use foul language.
All were reminded not to enter the referee's room at halftime yet Sanzar was adamant in its released statement that it is neither an offence or against the rules to do so.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11430237

Directly after the first line you quoted, it follows on to say:

"But the prevailing view in New Zealand is that using the break to enter the referee's room - regardless of intent or content - is a serious offence and should automatically be considered a breach."

the article later says

"The Herald spoke to several current and former persons with extensive Super Rugby match experience and none could recall a similar incident. All agreed that a coach having any kind of halftime dialogue with a match official would be a serious concern."

And finally, the line directly before the 2nd line you quoted says:

"There was further confusion about Sanzar's need to write letters to all Super Rugby coaches after the incident."

So you've taken you're 2 lines completely out-of-context - you're the one neglecting to read.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Think you all need to can it.. no good can go on.. I understand Bullrushes point.. it's bullshit that cheika went to the talk to the ref it's not on and should have known better.. but its been ruled on and dealt with..

Bullrush, I would be cranky too if it happened against the Brumbies.. But can't we all just get along..

P.S.. I thought this photo was appropriate

url

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Bullrush.

Three posts in a row. What are you doing?

Take a break from it, mate.

Just got home from a gig - still wired and about to hit the wall but pretty pissed off at the way I'm being treated here to be honest. Might go play some rugby tomorrow and let someone cop it :)

Someone should organise a GAGR game one day.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Think you all need to can it.. no good can go on.. I understand Bullrushes point.. it's bullshit that cheika went to the talk to the ref it's not on and should have known better.. but its been ruled on and dealt with..

Bullrush, I would be cranky too if it happened against the Brumbies.. But can't we all just get along..

P.S.. I thought this photo was appropriate

url

The photo isn't showing for me.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Just got home from a gig - still wired and about to hit the wall but pretty pissed off at the way I'm being treated here to be honest. Might go play some rugby tomorrow and let someone cop it :)

Someone should organise a GAGR game one day.
Narr All good Bro, your team beat mine tonight.. its always horses for courses. (pun intended).

light of that dirty cock sucker in the sky (Sun) we will all realise it is just a game

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Any future messages on the Cheika/referee matter in this thread will be nuked - even if it is part of a post.

If you want to comment on it, take it to the match thread where those interested can discuss it; but do it without playing the man.

Not many of us are interested now.

Bullrush - no more inflammatory remarks in any thread please - as most of us see the inflammation.

For those who think our forum is democratic - it isn't; and we don't care: sometimes we just have to make a call. End this.

Thank you.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I absolutely hate being an Australian rugby fan, I'm so on the verge of giving up.
ha, your NSW team are the defending champions! They made it to the very top just a few short months ago! You should try being from bloody motherf**king Auckland for 10 minutes.

So what if NSW are having a rocky descent from the summit. Barking their shins on a few rocky outcrops as the negotiate their way down from the peak. At least they've made it to the summit!

Once.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I have a PI great grand parent. Surely that makes me a Kiwi? And an All Blacks fan. (it's a joke!)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
ha, your NSW team are the defending champions! They made it to the very top just a few short months ago! You should try being from bloody motherf**king Auckland for 10 minutes.

So what if NSW are having a rocky descent from the summit. Barking their shins on a few rocky outcrops as the negotiate their way down from the peak. At least they've made it to the summit!

Once.

But we had a lot of years on the rocks below going around and around the mountain. We absolutely know how you feel. And we've had Matt Williams, Chris Hickey and Michael Foley in that time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.