• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
He must see something, I would guess he wants more units who can smash while being dynamic.

He can't be expensive, he was playing NSW Cup ...........

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Preseason is going to be good - Cheika gets to whip Big T and a few other new blokes into shape, and we get some tasty home games too.

Any hint when the Rebels away game is? I'd like to go to AAMI.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Jeez,i hope there are plenty more highlights.
I could have scored both those tries.
I'm tipping Cheika has seen clips of him smashing a few people.
He liked that in his players.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Maybe the commentary influenced cheika.
He's been wrong so far about his other no name mungo purchase.

The Rams look like they have finally worked out how to use big T. Had a massive game against Perth last weekend. Worth watching tomorrow to see if it's not just a one off.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Is he marking anyone noteworthy?
He's up against Dargaville who's being chased hard by the brumbies and waratahs. Last week he scored tries from the tight and loose. Was being used for lots of crash ball like a giant inside centre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is Dargaville really being chased by the Tahs?

I wouldn't have thought there was really a spot for another winger.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Maybe the commentary influenced cheika.
He's been wrong so far about his other no name mungo purchase.

What? TN was a great mid-season buy, covered for our injured wingers with aplomb. He was never going to be Jonah fucking Lomu. And let's not forget Alofa Alofa.

But it's nice to see that we have found something to be cynical about for season 2015. I was worried that we'd have to wait until mid October.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Is Dargaville really being chased by the Tahs?

I wouldn't have thought there was really a spot for another winger.
Thinks in an article today maybe the telegraph or growden can't remember where but def both brums and tahs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
No idea about defensive positional play and dodgy hands.
S15 is not where you should be learning that sort of stuff.

Let's see how he goes after a full off season.

His hands don't seem too bad to me from what I've seen in NRC and at the Tahs. Certainly improved greatly from his first cameo against the Lions.

It's easier to learn defensive positioning and ball skills than it is to learn to be 120kg with power and speed.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He was done for speed several times in the game @ coogee

Agreed. I think he'll turn out alright though and we might see a bit of him in the matchday 23 in 2015.

That said, hopefully we have Horne and Betham on the wings pushing for RWC spots and Kellaway potentially on the bench.

Cheika seems very confident signing players from left field who presumably come very cheap and turning them into good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.