• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Can we stop this bitching and moaning about Jason Allen's competence or lack thereof and get back on topic?

Tahs 2015! Where do we need to improve to win consecutive titles? To stand still is to go backwards in rugby terms, so how do we get better to stay ahead of the chasing pack?

Our defence was the comp's best in 2014 but can we be even more frugal?
Our attack IIRC was no.1 as well, how will we cope under a higher level of scrutiny as reigning champs?
Is it possible for our players to get even fitter?

Please can we move on from boardroom and admin shenanigans to the really important stuff, if you want to discuss Growden's leavings start a separate thread. The whole Cheika / Allen storm-in-a-teacup will play itself out.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Please don't give any credit to Allen for signing Folau.
All the heavy lifting including the initial approach was done by others.
Other players who signed were in 2 categories. They either wanted to come home like Phipps, Beale and Hooper or they wanted to play for the coach.

"Any" is a tad harsh.

If you blame a ceo for his failures, he must also get kudos for the successes

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tahs 2015! Where do we need to improve to win consecutive titles? To stand still is to go backwards in rugby terms, so how do we get better to stay ahead of the chasing pack?

simple.
Rule 1. STFU and leave it to The Great Cheik
Rule 2. the penalty for breaking Rule 1 is transportation to QLand for the term of the offender's natural life.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
"Any" is a tad harsh.

If you blame a ceo for his failures, he must also get kudos for the successes

My comment was in relation to the signing of Folau.
Giving him credit for that is like awarding the waiter a Michelin Star for food prepared, cooked and plated by the chef.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
My comment was in relation to the signing of Folau.
Giving him credit for that is like awarding the waiter a Michelin Star for food prepared, cooked and plated by the chef.

Yeh, nah, my point stands

Despite a rocky start the joint is better now than when he started, not perfect, but clearly better.

In the end, that ain't bad

On Michelin Star Restaurants (or any restaurant frankly), your waiter can make or break your night out, they are absolutely part of the team that creates the experience; and Michelin standard restaurants are a lot show.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)

better consistency early in the season would be a great start.

i'd like to see the forwards take onboard more of jackpot's insistence to go hard into contact, and then harder the next time.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

Our defence was the comp's best in 2014 but can we be even more frugal?
Our attack IIRC was no.1 as well, how will we cope under a higher level of scrutiny as reigning champs?
Is it possible for our players to get even fitter?

A big key area that will be giving Chieka some sleepless nights is the replacement of Douglas. IMO he has been missed at Wallaby level this year, far better than Simmons and Carter all year.

The big area for improvement I could see is a bigger focus on the set piece, and we come back to point 1 re:- Douglas.

Who has been signed?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Holloway is a gun 8, and should be Palu whenever Palu is broken. He's only 22 FFS!

As for replacement lock - until Pietersen's balls drop and he learns to be a man, start Skelton and JacPot, then move Dennis in a spot for a replacement flanker. Holloway on the bench at all times to cover lock, 6, or 8.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Some Tah fans have done a great job re-writing history. Foley was the greatest thing since sliced bread and you couldn't kick Hickey out the door quick enough. Short memories fellas.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Foley was the coach for most of 2011 anyway and we did quite well considering our injury toll. 2012 was just a colossus fuck up but I've always rated Foley as a forwards coach.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I was sitting next to a current Tah last season at a function and when asked about Foley - he said his problem was he was a bad man-manager.

Although this chap also told me 'thankfully they dont have to attend a lot of dinners' supporting the rugby community........

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Feel like Tala Grey will give him a decent run for his money there, though he probably doesn't offer the same lock coverage.

how good is Grey?
i haven't seen much of him.
plusses?
minuses?

filling the boots of Mr Palu will be a huge task for someone.
hopefully, that is quite some time into the future.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
how good is Grey?
i haven't seen much of him.
plusses?
minuses?

filling the boots of Mr Palu will be a huge task for someone.
hopefully, that is quite some time into the future.

Was superb against qld country, very dynamic, damaging runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.