• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The most important line in that News article is this:

Cheika said he couldn’t shed light on contractual detail.

“Around the deal he signed with those guys, you need to talk to them. I haven’t seen the deal so I don’t know,” he said.

Glasgow seem pretty certain that he'll be there next year.........

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Wingers are only out there to stay the fuck away from important work like rugby. You can't even trust them to pass, so they don't. Just catch it and dive, you fop.

Talk instead about whether Roach is up to playing hooker against full-sized humans instead, now that Taf is under a cloud. And who is the next best rake from there?

Let's thank Tilse for his time and get young Oakland some regular game time while we are at it

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Can you guys please keep Folau at 15 - he's only just started kicking. I'd be inclined to move Horne to 13 and keep him there, it'll be a nice battle with Kuridrani for the wallabies 13 jersey.
Both Chieka and Folau have stated that his future is at outside centre and if it were not a World Cup year he would have been moved there already. He already spends some of the game in that position. Don't shoot the messenger. It's unlikely Folau will play 15 next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can you guys please keep Folau at 15 - he's only just started kicking. I'd be inclined to move Horne to 13 and keep him there, it'll be a nice battle with Kuridrani for the wallabies 13 jersey.

Ah the irony coming from a Brumbies fan who only moved To'omua to 12 a week ago.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm about to throw out a lot of wild speculation, so take it with a grain of salt. I think the concern about releasing players for international duty will largely be on a player by player basis. If a player wants to play for Australia, their club won't be able to stop them. On the other hand, if the club very strongly intimates their next contract won't be as good if they leave, the players may "opt not to make themselves available". If they can be trusted to do this, it may increase their contracting potential, but even if they signed something, I don't think it would hold up, so they could reneg at any time. (I'm speaking based on my understanding of how soccer works).

As for insurance, I would imagine with Foley, the ARU would have something sorted for that as part of their "flexible contract". That was one of the things that I assumed took them so long to figure out with the contract, and I would like to think the ARU aren't SO incompetent to have let that one slip through. My faith could very well be misplaced though.
I think you are correct with it being on a player by player basis. I wonder who if any of those eligible for the time served / caps criteria has it as part of their contract noting that the majority of signings had occurred prior to the the criteria being introduced.

From what I understand with Foley (and I could be incorrect) I believe he signed his Japan contact first, and the ARU contract later after the
the ARU learned about the Japan contract. So again the question of does he have it in his contract, and also have they agreed on terms for insurance etc?

On that point I cant recall any details of any contract Foley has with the Tah's post WC. Can anyone enlighten me?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Both Chieka and Folau have stated that his future is at outside centre and if it were not a World Cup year he would have been moved there already. He already spends some of the game in that position. Don't shoot the messenger. It's unlikely Folau will play 15 next year.

Bad news for the wallabies. No fullback who can catch a high ball and we got our 2 best runners in Kuridrani and Folau fighting for the same position.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I've said before, examples of Beale's inability to catch a high ball directly coincide with him being over weight in 2012/13.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I've said before, examples of Beale's inability to catch a high ball directly coincide with him being over weight in 2012/13.

Yeah, before he needed Jenny Craig (and then Jenny Craig and AA :( ) was was one of the best 15s in the world

His challenge now is his inability to beat defenders on kick return; and then being smashed in defense.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

It still has never been a strong point. Average at best. He's had his time where he won a few high balls but simply never had the consistency to say he was great at it. Compared to Folau who would win 9 times out 10.

Come to think of it we don't really have anyone in Aus who's great at the highball besides Folau.

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)
It still has never been a strong point. Average at best. He's had his time where he won a few high balls but simply never had the consistency to say he was great at it. Compared to Folau who would win 9 times out 10.

Come to think of it we don't really have anyone in Aus who's great at the highball besides Folau.

Yep, I've been saying for a while that Folau almost gets picked for his high ball ability alone, because he's just that much better than anyone else in Australia. The rest of his skills are just a bonus. You don't have to think far back to remember the Wallabies being constantly peppered with mid field up and unders by all the top teams, and it working pretty bloody regularly.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Virtually any photo of him squeezing into a rebels jersey especially in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.