• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Beale has had issues with his weight and fitness in the past, he was overweight in that photo posted but seems to be in much better shape the last few years..

T

TOCC

I wish I was that overweight.
Lets clarify, he was overweight for a professional rugby back... I believe he even had an interview where he said his weight had blown out and he was overweight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Lets clarify, he was overweight for a professional rugby back. I believe he even had an interview where he said his weight had blown out and he was overweight.

I was just responding to that photo. I wish I had ever been that "overweight". ;)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Mind showing me a photo where you would consider him fat?

From our very own site .........

kurtley-beale.jpg

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
^ was that photo from 2011 when Beale was in particularly good form?

I don't know whether it was then or when he returned to Sydney with issues after the Rebels fiasco, but either way it highlights one of his issues.

But if being overweight means he returns to the type of form he was producing - send him to KFC

But I doubt it

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Well that photo is pre-rebels as Daniel Halangahu is in the background, so it's 2011 or earlier, can't remember when Dan left the Tahs. Also ISC is the kit manufacturer in that photo too.

Fowi

Chris McKivat (8)
Wingers are only out there to stay the fuck away from important work like rugby. You can't even trust them to pass, so they don't. Just catch it and dive, you fop.

Talk instead about whether Roach is up to playing hooker against full-sized humans instead, now that Taf is under a cloud. And who is the next best rake from there?

Let's thank Tilse for his time and get young Oakland some regular game time while we are at it

The issue with Roach and the back-up hooker is now very important with Latu likely to get atleast one week.

For me Roach will do a fine job standing in for Latu, obviously won't have the same impact around the ground as Latu has, but he is very good over the ball and is surprisingly quick and strong for a smallish bloke.

As a backup to him I noticed someone mentioned Porecki, and i'd have to second this, he has been class for Manly for a number of years now and deserves to be the 4th choice for the Tahs. Again similar issue to Roach is that he isn't the biggest hooker running around, but i'd still back him to do a good job.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't think Porecki was just a suggestion. He was the only other hooker training with the Tahs in the pre season wasn't he?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Naiyaravoro's agent is trying everything in the book.
First it was Glasgow but he'd stay if given a Wallabies Jersey. Then he is going to Glasgow but he is open to play for the Wallburs still. Now he has given a 'verbal agreement' to play for Fiji in the upcoming RWC.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
[quote="
Talk instead about whether Roach is up to playing hooker against full-sized humans instead, now that Taf is under a cloud. And who is the next best rake from there?[/quote]

Full sized humans? Roach may lack in height but he's as shredded as you can get. How the hell can a 5' 10' guy weigh over 100? around the park, at least for club, he acts like a second no.7

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Full sized humans? Roach may lack in height but he's as shredded as you can get. How the hell can a 5' 10' guy weigh over 100? around the park, at least for club, he acts like a second no.7

He's still small by Super Rugby hooking standards.

He's good around the park but the challenge will come in the scrums. The Lions in particular have a very strong scrum and we'll be up against it trying to achieve something close to parity against them with Roach starting.

I rate him and am keen to see him get a crack. Hopefully Latu isn't suspended for long however.

I tend to think that if Latu is out for the whole South African tour, TPN will play the second match against the Cheetahs.

Status
Not open for further replies.