• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
”​Quade is a wonderful player, don’t get me wrong I would love for him to be part of NSW Waratahs at some stage. But we are full, we have salary cap issues and also I think he would be struggling to find a spot in our team​,” Gibson said.​
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/n...ing-daryl-gibson/story-e6frf4pu-1227411232172

When you've got Foley and Beale as your two playmakers, where do you play Cooper. What is Gibson supposed to say? "I really think Foley and/or Beale are crap players so I want to get Cooper in to replace one of them". I think not.

Carmichael or Graham might say that, but Gibson's 100% smarter. What I think might be possible is that if Beale can't get the contract he wants and goes elsewhere then Gibson might well want to draft him in. But right now he's got two playmakers he trusts, where does he fit in a third?

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
”​Quade is a wonderful player, don’t get me wrong I would love for him to be part of NSW Waratahs at some stage. But we are full, we have salary cap issues and also I think he would be struggling to find a spot in our team​,” Gibson said.​
http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/n.ing-daryl-gibson/story-e6frf4pu-1227411232172

When you've got Foley and Beale as your two playmakers, where do you play Cooper. What is Gibson supposed to say? "I really think Foley and/or Beale are crap players so I want to get Cooper in to replace one of them". I think not.

Carmichael or Graham might say that, but Gibson's 100% smarter. What I think might be possible is that if Beale can't get the contract he wants and goes elsewhere then Gibson might well want to draft him in. But right now he's got two playmakers he trusts, where does he fit in a third?
And neither of three would be happy spending time at the bench, which would be the case.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hey, What happened with the fully-roofed Allianz Stadium? A permanent see-through roof:

150625053145491972.jpg

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Chris Malone will be the backs/kicking coach next year. Will he still coach Uni?

Finishing up at the end of the Shute Shield season.

Not sure I am convinced of this appointment, surely the Waratahs need a forwards mentor now that Chieka has gone. Potentially even two to cover the roles Ledesma and Chieka played.

In regards to Malone I am not sure that he has a great record at Uni with the resources at his disposal the club has gone from having an absolutely amazing roster to now pretty much being back at the pack and a chance of missing the Semi Finals. Some of this can be attributed to obviously the impact of the Rebels, Force & Brumbies not releasing players back and obviously it is hard to continue improving from the position Uni were in but to have such significant decline I am not that impressed?

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)
Hey, What happened with the fully-roofed Allianz Stadium? A permanent see-through roof:

150625053145491972.jpg

They're not allowed to put any more cover on Allianz if they use public funding, due to a deal done with ANZ Stadium when it was first built. I don't see the stadium being covered any time soon.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, its time to announce that I'm going to have less time for rugby in 2016 -- should the world not end first - and that means I won't be taking up membership next year.

I will still get to the odd game, I suppose, but the effort to get in there for every game is starting to wear me down, both from a financial and personal perspective. Particularly when the rest of the regular crowd are such utter fucking bandwagoneers when it comes to rugby.

32,000 for a semifinal? That is fucking pathetic. That record for a grand final can't be beaten as it stands, and I contributed my hard-earned to that, but where are those arseholes when the team needs them week-in, week-out? Nowhere.

So why should I be any different?

I reckon Gibson will take the team in a new and interesting direction next year, but he's going to be working his arse off to fix the flaws that Cheikaball introduces i.e. its beautiful when it works well, but its terrible when your opponent can tackle.

I might, once again, consider Foxtel, or at least siphoning the mother-in-law's; I recently saved her $180 a month on her Telstra bill - the least she can do is put the Sports Package into her subscription and let me stream it at my place.

Short of that, it'll be more weekends doing outdoorsy shit - I don't plan on coaching next year either - because I'll be turning 40 and time runs short for all of us.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well, its time to announce that I'm going to have less time for rugby in 2016 -- should the world not end first - and that means I won't be taking up membership next year.

I will still get to the odd game, I suppose, but the effort to get in there for every game is starting to wear me down, both from a financial and personal perspective. Particularly when the rest of the regular crowd are such utter fucking bandwagoneers when it comes to rugby.

32,000 for a semifinal? That is fucking pathetic. That record for a grand final can't be beaten as it stands, and I contributed my hard-earned to that, but where are those arseholes when the team needs them week-in, week-out? Nowhere.

So why should I be any different?

I reckon Gibson will take the team in a new and interesting direction next year, but he's going to be working his arse off to fix the flaws that Cheikaball introduces i.e. its beautiful when it works well, but its terrible when your opponent can tackle.

I might, once again, consider Foxtel, or at least siphoning the mother-in-law's; I recently saved her $180 a month on her Telstra bill - the least she can do is put the Sports Package into her subscription and let me stream it at my place.

Short of that, it'll be more weekends doing outdoorsy shit - I don't plan on coaching next year either - because I'll be turning 40 and time runs short for all of us.

I shouldnt do this, but after few hours on the phone with Foxtel trying to get my Foxtel Play account active.. To be told Just sign up again.. I did just that... you can get Foxtel Play 30 days free trial with an email address and a new user account on your PC.. Just Devactivate and Create another account..

Now I know this isn't really what people should do.. But after they basically screwed me around when I wanted to pay, and then told me to do the exactly above (well create a new account). I gave up and took advantage of this..

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Oh yeah the wife has been having shitloads of issues with Play against the MIL's account, trying to watch her shitty reality shows (in addition to the TiVo) full of crap.

Not saying its perfect, and I know where to get replays should I want them, but a mix of the occasional live game, with the pub as an alternative and Play to fill in the gaps should work.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah, and I gave that two good years, but fish gotta swim.

Its just fucking difficult when I'm having a mid-life crisis, and need to go camping in winter.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Its just fucking difficult when I'm having a mid-life crisis, and need to go camping in winter.

Grow a beard and hang out in the hipster bars of Surry Hills and Paddington pre and post Tahs matches.

Supporting the Tahs and having a mid-life crisis, all at the same time!

Status
Not open for further replies.