• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I've done business class to the US and its so much easier to sleep in those seats, they seats fold out flat like a bed and are quite comfortable and you can actually get some decent sleep.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I've travelled quite a bit internationally as my entire extended family lives in the UK and I sleep like a baby on the 12/14 hour legs. I regularly get at least 8 hours in (disjointed and terrible hours but still hours of sleep).

I assume a lot of players are similar.

But then again I'm 5'11 and 78kgs.

But then again they're in business class.

I think they'd be fine.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
They will all be flying one hop in business class with flat beds. It ain't sit-up economy!

That's if they can sleep on planes.

Not looked up stats, but anecdotally about 15 of the 50ish people I've talked about long haul flights with can't sleep more than 2 or so hours on a 12 hour flight, even if it's the 2nd one like on a Melbourne - Hong Kong - London jump.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
So who is going to take AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s place at 13 next year?

Folau?
Carraro?

And then of course raises question who is 15?
Folau is of course the certainty but if Folau moves to 13 then Reece Robinson could be targeted there as played wing and fullback in league, and of course Beale could head back there

Carraro has hung up the boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Source? I thought he'd only just re-signed. Or did I imagine the hyphen??!

a friend & former teammate is Part of the country Eagles setup. Told me Saturday night. Carraro has been running water for them

Edit: checked with source, he said he's having one more year. Wanted to retire but was talked out it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
That's if they can sleep on planes.

Not looked up stats, but anecdotally about 15 of the 50ish people I've talked about long haul flights with can't sleep more than 2 or so hours on a 12 hour flight, even if it's the 2nd one like on a Melbourne - Hong Kong - London jump.

The team doctor administers all players and staff with sleeping pills on all long haul flights. Minimises jet lag too apparently.

gowaratahs

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm sure Glasgow think they had a way around it and given the USA game it's getting fairly academic but this is part of the pro-rugby visa processes in the UK
>They must have started at least one full international match (15-a-side), during the 15 months immediately prior to the date of the application.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Here's the latest on big T - doesn't prove he's cleared to play for Glasgow, though it looks like he's cleared to at least train... http://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/15/10/04/naiyaravoro-touches-down-glasgow

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Waratahs sign league player Reece Robinson from the Parramatta Eels on a two year deal.

http://bit.ly/1VTn5nB

Edit: Don't know much about Reece, but a quick look at his wikipedia page tells me he's played 116 NRL games and has scored 57 tries. Nearly a try every 2nd game. He's 28 so definitely not young for a winger, but does seem to have speed to burn.

A highlights video from back in 2012.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Waratahs sign league player Reece Robinson from the Parramatta Eels on a two year deal.

http://bit.ly/1VTn5nB

Edit: Don't know much about Reece, but a quick look at his wikipedia page tells me he's played 116 NRL games and has scored 57 tries. Nearly a try every 2nd game. He's 28 so definitely not young for a winger, but does seem to have speed to burn.

I guess he won't be playing in the Lebanon Vs South Africa RL match then

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/lebanon-train-on-squad-world-cup-qualifier/

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
28 isn't the best age to be buying a winger, but Reece Robinson isn't a bad acquisition all the same... not exactly an Eels fan, but the guy always seems to put a lot in (for a wing) and is pretty bloody quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.