• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Never as bad as this across the board @ Groucho and it isn't just the NZ teams are that much better, its just the Oz teams are so bad. Even when they put on a good run they do not sustain that for the game, it is more like 20 minute bursts.

As has been discussed elsewhere we all expected the relative positions of the table that we are seeing in terms of the Oz conference but it would be safe to say we all expect the Brumbies to be at least competitive with the NZ sides and possible a genuine title chance. The way things stand on form they will be lucky not to get bullied and smashed at finals time (if/when they top the Australian conference).

We can only hope that Chieka has some magic water in Camp Wallaby because no Australian Rugby fan could be holding out a lot of hope the way things have been going and the way Larkham has been coaching the Brumbies attack.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Wingers: the Tahs have brought in Robinson and Guildford before the start of the 2016 season (neither of whom have exactly set the world alight) and now big Taqele with the comp 3/4 over. In addition to these newbies Henry Clunies-Ross and Harry Jones, very talented local youngsters, are in the extended Tahs squad. To my eye both Robinson and Taqele still look like league wingers, they have a lot to learn about the intracacies and richness of rugby, and Guildford's been very hot and cold so far this year.

It doesn't seem to be clear what the Tahs are aiming for with their wingers.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Guildford and Carraro will both be gone after this year. Guildford almost certainly.

Cam Clarke will join the team next year and compete for a wing spot as well.

I think Harry Jones could really push for a spot next year if he has another strong NRC.

Taqele's power game is pretty exciting at Super Rugby level. He has the ability to be a real point of difference.

It seems we have a lot of options and are really waiting for a couple to stand up and demand selection every week. Of our new 2016 outside backs, it is really just Andrew Kellaway who has firmly grabbed his chance and cemented his place in the starting XV.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It will be interesting to see how Horne goes at 12 tonight.

It could come down to Horwitz vs one of the wingers to see whether Horne plays 12 or on the wing next year.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Taqele has played OC a bit for Glasgow I hear, useful in a pinch if we have 6 wingers in the squad

Only because we spent significant stretches of time with 4 or more centres injured. Dunbar, Bennett, Vernon, Bryce, Johnson, Horne, Lyle and Grigg all spent big chunks of time on the sidelines, often simultaneously, with Horne being needed at fullback or 10, and the latter 2 being drafted into the 7s squad due to injuries to both full timers and Edinburgh players.

Heck, Hugh Blake, our Notter (not a 6, not a 7) flanker who played all 10 7s tournaments played 92 minutes across 2 games at outside center this season.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Wow I am absolutely gobsmacked at the lack of empathy shown by Tahs supporters for Benn Robinsons' plight, after his service to the State.

Just he comes back better than ever.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
there hasn't been any sort of announcement or Social media work surrounding Fatcat, can't expect empathy if nobody knows

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
there hasn't been any sort of announcement or Social media work surrounding Fatcat, can't expect empathy if nobody knows

Topgun Have you under a rock ?

Anyway no problem to me but I was just surprised. Would't think that would be the case north or south of your States boundaries

Have a nice day !

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Wow I am absolutely gobsmacked at the lack of empathy shown by Tahs supporters for Benn Robinsons' plight, after his service to the State.

Beaker.gif

PISS!
MOAN!
WOE! OH, WOE!
THE CAT MAY NEVER PLAY AGAIN!

I MUST WRING MY HANDS FURIOUSLY, CRY OUT AT THE INJUSTICE OF THE UNIVERSE, AND WEAR A HAIR SHIRT AND WHIP MYSELF IN SCREAMING AGONY!!!

Better? Maybe you'd like it in Haiku form?

Tragedy unfolds
In the sight of The Cat
An uncaring world

Look, here's the true tragedy of Robinson's career: Never played a World Cup.

That was down to a shitty injury for 2011, but 2007 he was a dead cert to give us a decent scrum until that fucking hopeless wankstain, Knuckles Connolly, went with a bunch of bigger, less useful blokes.

The End.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Fat Cat did his knee in 2007, had a chat with him at North Sydney Oval during one of the ARC matches there when he was on crutches. Benn's had some really rotten luck in RWC years.

Reactions: TSR

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

Mate, we were too busy performing our core tasks of beating the war drums about Daryl Gibson and conspiring to have Michael Hooper selected to post on here about Fat Cat.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
people bang on about Skelton in the set piece, did we see the scrum just before Folau's 2nd try? Lousi and Skelton were packing in the 2nd row and they bulldozed it.
I think he always catches the ball running laterally or standing still, we saw what he can do with a bit of umph when he picked up Palu's offload. Why don't they have him running unders lines with some pace on him?

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think we also saw that those who doubted Folau's ability to play in the centres have been proven wrong and the criticism of Michael Hooper has been shown to be unfair.

The Hooper bashing is absolute bollocks though and they all know it. everybody likes to think their dad could beat up your dad...

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think we also saw that those who doubted Folau's ability to play in the centres have been proven wrong and the criticism of Michael Hooper has been shown to be unfair.

1) Folau still can't play there, or wing, defensively. In fact, what the fuck happened to the wide defence?

2) All criticism of Hooper has been unfair. Its just that some people like to say "Oh he doesn't fetch like Gill!" because they're generally sister-slammers from up north.

Status
Not open for further replies.