• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Hunt is a great player, always has been, but I am not sure if Sydney's night life will help his off the field issues

FP, precisely when and where has KH been a great player in Rugby? I'm sure there are many who thought he was at least approaching great in League, but he has shown very little that can be described as anywhere near "great" since he started at the Reds.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It was not exactly 'great', but I was very much encouraged by his stint at 12 for the Wallabies in the June series last year.

Was aggressive in defence, and proved a handy second playmaking option.
I've never seen this in him.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hunt is a good option to cover 12 and 15. If he's not playing in Queensland, send him somewhere he might play. Melbourne and Canberra are full, so, if the Tahs could use him, then it's a good move.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
FP, precisely when and where has KH been a great player in Rugby? I'm sure there are many who thought he was at least approaching great in League, but he has shown very little that can be described as anywhere near "great" since he started at the Reds.

He continually makes good decisions (on the field) and defends hard, I have always rated him

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Probably a long way short of being considered far and wide as a great player though, FP. I have to say that I haven't rated his general performances at all and imo his form didn't warrant inclusion in the Wallabies' squad.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Hunt's one of they few Australian players who has the full toolkit to expose a attacking overlap. His stint playing fullback at the Broncs meant he had to make good choices in those situations. He also is a tenacious defender.

As long as he doesn't disrupt the group dynamic they are trying to build, could be a great signing.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Probably a long way short of being considered far and wide as a great player though, FP. I have to say that I haven't rated his general performances at all and imo his form didn't warrant inclusion in the Wallabies' squad.

I suggest you look closer, he has been playing in a pants side, but his efforts and decisions are quality

B

Bobby Sands

Not that it means much now, but he was the best schoolboy player I have ever saw in QLD.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Nathan Den Hoedt from Brisbane City looks like he is trialing with the Tahs. Can anyone print his height and weight?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
He continually makes good decisions (on the field) and defends hard, I have always rated him

Seriously we could debate whether kh wallaby quality but if anyone debating his footballing ability alone does not warrant the tahs signing him on rock bottom price (read reds paying some of his salary) is not good business is just plain crazy. He has had a year out of pro rugby so paid the price and has a family and 32 years old desparate for redemption and finish his career remembered for more than the most recent off field issues. Could be great redemption story for rugby and worth the risk - sign him up!

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Seriously we could debate whether kh wallaby quality but if anyone debating his footballing ability alone does not warrant the tahs signing him on rock bottom price (read reds paying some of his salary) is not good business is just plain crazy. He has had a year out of pro rugby so paid the price and has a family and 32 years old desparate for redemption and finish his career remembered for more than the most recent off field issues. Could be great redemption story for rugby and worth the risk - sign him up!

Well said.Gibson said he wants to rest players, so Hunt a good fit as he’s pretty versatile He’ll be cheap and looking to play himself back into Wallabies so a good short term signing.

TheNorth

Allen Oxlade (6)
Nathan Den Hoedt from Brisbane City looks like he is trialing with the Tahs. Can anyone print his height and weight?

I would say they have signed him on potential he is very raw. I believe he only took up rugby in the last 3 years. Happy to be corrected on that but i thought that's what the QPR commentary team said

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Tahs just announced signing of John Folau, what a kick in the teeth for any Shute shield player.

I couldn't give a shit. If he's the best choice, it doesn't matter how long he's toiled away in Randwick 1st Grade. Any other process would just be nepotism.

Besides - I wouldn't sign any recent Shute Shield wingers - besides maybe Harry Jones of 2017 form. The standard isn't what it used to be.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I couldn't give a shit. If he's the best choice, it doesn't matter how long he's toiled away in Randwick 1st Grade. Any other process would just be nepotism.

Besides - I wouldn't sign any recent Shute Shield wingers - besides maybe Harry Jones of 2017 form. The standard isn't what it used to be.

Usually I wouldn’t give a shit either, I’m all for a signing a good league player. But this guy was a fringe NRL player and did pretty much nothing at NRC to warrant a contract. Therefore I doubt he is the best choice

Status
Not open for further replies.