• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Usually I wouldn’t give a shit either, I’m all for a signing a good league player. But this guy was a fringe NRL player and did pretty much nothing at NRC to warrant a contract. Therefore I doubt he is the best choice
Yeh I am all for raiding the best talent and that includes league (as league does not have any scruples about raiding union talent) but yes John Folau was fringe NRL player so not super excited about that one but equally if only paid a small fee for his services I guess maybe warranted on what they saw for the price.

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
Maybe His brother told the Tards that if you didn't sign him up, he is going back to league? tards lost 2 good wingers in Big T and Kellaway last season, this is a silly replacement, they should have chased sefa naivalu instead cause the one thing i noticed during the wobblies games this year featuring naivalu and israel was that Israel and Sefa had no instincts together whatsoever, everytime sefa was in a gap, israel either kept the ball or passed to someone else. MK developed well a lot playing alongside DHP for rebels so they both were telepathic sometimes during the tests, nothing from sefa and israel.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
His only (I think?) rugby try is at about the 30 sec mark here. His first start in the nrc.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Maybe His brother told the Tards that if you didn't sign him up, he is going back to league? tards lost 2 good wingers in Big T and Kellaway last season, this is a silly replacement, they should have chased sefa naivalu instead cause the one thing i noticed during the wobblies games this year featuring naivalu and israel was that Israel and Sefa had no instincts together whatsoever, everytime sefa was in a gap, israel either kept the ball or passed to someone else. MK developed well a lot playing alongside DHP for rebels so they both were telepathic sometimes during the tests, nothing from sefa and israel.
I suspect that John Folau would have signed a Supplementary squad or EPS contract which would not have been enough money to entice Sefa

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
John Folau would be on a small contract just to give him the opportunity. Gibson openly mentioned it in a presser once I'm pretty sure.

I don't mind the idea. Taqele Naiyaravoro wasn't even a fringe NRL player when he came across. I do understand that he had some incredible raw physical traits which made him an enticing prospect but John Folau certainly had some decent moments in his NRL matches. He had some injuries and then dropped off the boil when the Eels signed Michael Jennings.

Nathan Den Hoedt is a big lump of a lad and only 21. Roughly speaking he might be 6'6 and about 115? I'm sort of just going on what I've seen in Premier Grade though. To bounce off someone elses comments that he isn't more than 1st Grade standard is a bit crazy. He's only 21 and hasn't developed his body properly and is one of the best second rowers in 1st Grade in Brisbane. Pretty sure he's captained his club side and gets through a ton of work.
The 3 years playing rugby thing I think comes from his days when he played prop at school and then he just grew and grew and grew. SO only a few years playing in the 2row.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Any further info on the signing of the South African lock Le Roux Roets?
Fox sports has him signed but still nothing from the Tahs and with the season only a few weeks away I wonder why he hasn't started yet.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
John Folau would be on a small contract just to give him the opportunity. Gibson openly mentioned it in a presser once I'm pretty sure.

I don't mind the idea. Taqele Naiyaravoro wasn't even a fringe NRL player when he came across. I do understand that he had some incredible raw physical traits which made him an enticing prospect but John Folau certainly had some decent moments in his NRL matches. He had some injuries and then dropped off the boil when the Eels signed Michael Jennings.

Nathan Den Hoedt is a big lump of a lad and only 21. Roughly speaking he might be 6'6 and about 115? I'm sort of just going on what I've seen in Premier Grade though. To bounce off someone elses comments that he isn't more than 1st Grade standard is a bit crazy. He's only 21 and hasn't developed his body properly and is one of the best second rowers in 1st Grade in Brisbane. Pretty sure he's captained his club side and gets through a ton of work.
The 3 years playing rugby thing I think comes from his days when he played prop at school and then he just grew and grew and grew. SO only a few years playing in the 2row.

NDH is 115kg? He looked a real string bean in the NRC. I wouldn’t get overly excited about him as a Tah fan.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Paddy Ryan will continue his career in the US next year. It's just been announced that he will be joining the San Diego Legion for their 2019 campaign.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
I hope Hunt does pick up a 'tahs contract, it will great for both him and NSW, maybe even the Wallabies if can get back to the form he was in when he last in the top squad. He covers a lot of positions and would be very handy in the very least as a bench player, but I hope he can play the season @ 12 and really show us what he can do.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
I hope Hunt does pick up a 'tahs contract, it will great for both him and NSW, maybe even the Wallabies if can get back to the form he was in when he last in the top squad. He covers a lot of positions and would be very handy in the very least as a bench player, but I hope he can play the season @ 12 and really show us what he can do.

Especially for the wallabies, even if he is a squad player, his skill and experience will be valuable to steer the team around the paddock against some of the weaker teams in our pool when our first string side is resting

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'd say he'd look pretty nice in a 13 jersey for us
I agree with all of the above posts - hunt would be a great signing particularly as we know reds won’t play him means we know our bargaining position to pay a fair chunk of his salary is very strong. Sign him up please!

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
So with apparently a few spots left what positions do people think the Tahs need to strengthen??

I think a big prop and one or two enforcers for lock would be nice.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Usually I wouldn’t give a shit either, I’m all for a signing a good league player. But this guy was a fringe NRL player and did pretty much nothing at NRC to warrant a contract. Therefore I doubt he is the best choice

It's all about keeping one of their key players happy at a cost far less than would be achieved by paying Israel Folau more directly.

They gave another brother, Eni Folau a trial a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.