• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
[quote="Dealing with the big issues eh.[/quote]

Some reason when I read that I put a Canadian accent on it.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Public sentiment is people are fine with hunt being signed for tahs om 1 strike your out after year out from rugby but nswru under Andrew Hore not been good at reading the tea leaves or making good decisions. Pity but welcome to the shambles that is nsw rugby.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Public sentiment is people are fine with hunt being signed for tahs om 1 strike your out after year out from rugby but nswru under Andrew Hore not been good at reading the tea leaves or making good decisions. Pity but welcome to the shambles that is nsw rugby.

What makes you say Hore has "not been good at reading the tea leaves or making good decisions"?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah of the franchises the Tahs are probably the least mental.

Brumbies have the whole facilities debacle and investigation.

Rebels with all the ownership shenanigans, inability to secure sponsors...

Reds paying half a roster of players not to play, revolving door for coaches, etc.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Rugby Reg said that apparently Hore had gone cold on the KHunt move, but otherwise I think he’s going OK

So how is Hore going ok?

For the fact the Tahs finally got to the semi's but have record low crowds.

For the fact both NSW NRC u19 and seniors teams were woeful and embarrasing

The fact they failed to take advantage of private benefactor willing to stump up money to invest in Western Sydney team in global rugby when you got Pirates just about insolvent, Penrith booted and Paramatta always propping up the bottom with stacks of Polynesian kids in the west going to league and guess what more will go with NRL entering fiji team in NSW cup next year.

Or the fact that NSW rugby politics continues to be the most disfunctional thing in rugby..

Hore needs to grow some....

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So how is Hore going ok?

For the fact the Tahs finally got to the semi's but have record low crowds.

For the fact both NSW NRC u19 and seniors teams were woeful and embarrasing

The fact they failed to take advantage of private benefactor willing to stump up money to invest in Western Sydney team in global rugby when you got Pirates just about insolvent, Penrith booted and Paramatta always propping up the bottom with stacks of Polynesian kids in the west going to league and guess what more will go with NRL entering fiji team in NSW cup next year.

Or the fact that NSW rugby politics continues to be the most disfunctional thing in rugby..

Hore needs to grow some..

I think he's been good and has helped put the professional and community sides of NSW rugby back together.

I'm not really sure which decisions within his control he should have done something differently on. Certainly not Penrith and the Twiggy team (although I don't think either was his decision to make).

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Cameron Clark, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Kurtley Beale, Angus Bell, Jack Dempsey, Ben Donaldson, BJ Edwards, Damien Fitzpatrick, Lalakai Foketi, Israel Folau, John Folau, Bernard Foley, Jake Gordon, Ned Hanigan, Will Harris, Will Harrison, Jed Holloway, Michael Hooper, Karmichael Hunt, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Sekope Kepu, Tolu Latu, Mack Mason, Ryan McCauley, Will Miller, Alex Newsome, Rory O’Connor, Nick Phipps, James Ramm, Tom Robertson, Le Roux Roets, Curtis Rona, JP Sauni, Mitch Short, Rob Simmons, Hugh Sinclair, Tom Staniforth, Rory Suttor, Lachlan Swinton, Patrick Tafa, Chris Talakai, Andrew Tuala, Shambeckler Vui, Cody Walker, Michael Wells, Jeremy Williams

A bunch of junior players in there. I didn't know Hugh Sinclair and BJ Edwards were in the mix either.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
so alot of variations our backline can take now but id go for

9) Gordon
10) Foley
11) Rona
12) Beale
13) Hunt
14) AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15) Folau

22) Phipps
23) Newsome/Clark

Only two back reserves, our forwards are going to be doing alot of running and get battered pillar to post so need the extra subs. Beale and Hunt can emergency cover if Foley goes down. Rona gets the nod over Newsome/Clarke as we need him to punch holes and get over the gain line

If we are playing someone like the crusaders and play it more safe/defensive mindset id change it to

9) Phibbs (ironic saying "safe" and Phipps in the same sentence but he can tackle)
10) Foley
11) Clark
12) Hunt
13) AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14) Beale/Folau
15) Folau/Beale

Adds alot of starch to the midfield, Clark good defensive read and 1v1 tackle is on point, Beale wherever you think he would do less damage defensivley, personally thats wing - Fairly easy position to defend tackling wise

Status
Not open for further replies.