• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
What coaches could we target that are currently overseas - does the ARU track coaches?

From the top of my head

England

Eddie Jones (England, wallabies, japan)
Mark Bakewell (Leicester, suntory)
Scott Wisemental (England, Japan)

Italy?
Tim Lane?

France?

Japan
Nick Stiles ( Kintetsu, reds, wallabies etc)
Jason Brewer (Kurita, Fiji, Rays)
Sam Harris (Ricoh.. any other coaching??)
John muggelton (Toyota, rebels, wallabies)
Tai Mcisaac (Toyota)

New Zealand?

Scotland
Scott Johnson (wallabies 2019)
Matt Tyler (reds)

Fiji
John Mckee - Kiwi? Yes.

Ireland
Daivd Nucifora
Anthony Eddy

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Who really cares. The season is obviously lost now after a first round defeat . The negativity is just so tiresome on this thread I’m off, enjoy the season, but somehow I doubt you will

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Who really cares. The season is obviously lost now after a first round defeat . The negativity is just so tiresome on this thread I’m off, enjoy the season, but somehow I doubt you will

It's the beauty of competitive sport. You ride the highs and lows of your team, suffering one week and exulting the next. When you have a lot invested in your team through a long term association or links to players, your sense of identity is partially developed by the team and its travails. We will enjoy the wins, get low when they lose, and use G&GR to vent both emotions.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So presumably Beale will be rested this week? I'd be tempted to rest Foley and give Mason a run. Won't be a better chance.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So presumably Beale will be rested this week? I'd be tempted to rest Foley and give Mason a run. Won't be a better chance.

I would think Beale will absolutely start this week.

I agree that it is a good opportunity to rest Foley but would certainly be a better one if they'd got the win against the Hurricanes.

Maybe Foley will be on the bench with the idea that hopefully he doesn't have to come on so it counts as a rest week.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
You think? I'd be mighty tempted to rest Beale as well, and get his two weeks done and dusted. Hunt can stick at 12 as he won't have to be rested.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You think? I'd be mighty tempted to rest Beale as well, and get his two weeks done and dusted. Hunt can stick at 12 as he won't have to be rested.

I think there's a bit more to it though than just getting the two matches out of the way. They've got a bye after this match so it would mean not playing until round 4.

They also have AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) missing.

I think they might go with Rona at 13, Folau on the wing and Beale at 15.

I do think there's a strong chance Gibson will stick with Hunt at 12 although Beale to 12 and Rona to 13 rekindles a partnership that worked well last year.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

The Sunwolves Japanese players are out for the first six rounds. I'd be resting Hooper, Kepu, Beale, Folau and Foley. It isnt just the game time they need to be rested from it is the travel too. Resting them saves 20hrs of flights.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's difficult though. They've got a bye in round 3 so you also don't want to go into the round 4 game against the Reds and the matches following it with your key players being really underdone.

Let's not forget that Kepu, Folau and Foley didn't play a minute of either trial and Beale hasn't played since October.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It's difficult though. They've got a bye in round 3 so you also don't want to go into the round 4 game against the Reds and the matches following it with your key players being really underdone.

Let's not forget that Kepu, Folau and Foley didn't play a minute of either trial and Beale hasn't played since October.
I guess that's the point though right. These guys are all about to play in a World Cup. Super takes a backseat.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'd play them all. They need the minutes and might as well get them back running this weekend against a lessor opposition. Then they have the bye for the squad to spend some time together and 'recuperate'. I personally then would rest each of Foley, Hooper, Beale, Kepu and Folau against whomever the Tahs are playing that next week (Round 4).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd play them all. They need the minutes and might as well get them back running this weekend against a lessor opposition. Then they have the bye for the squad to spend some time together and 'recuperate'. I personally then would rest each of Foley, Hooper, Beale, Kepu and Folau against whomever the Tahs are playing that next week (Round 4).

Will you be inviting them to join you on your little fishing expedition Reg?

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)

I don't want to take for granted that the Sunwolves will be easybeats. It's week two.

Status
Not open for further replies.