• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
D7EsKUEUwAAH5Zz.jpg:large

Latu stood down until after his court hearing on June 6.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
I think it's time for Gibson to admit that his plan isn't working. He should hand the clipboard over to someone else. The problem is he is not the kind of person who admits his failings and changes things to fix them.

If the Tahs do fail to make the finals this year then that is 3 out of 4 years of failure and that is on him.

His game plan
His recruitment
His lack of plan A, B or C
His light mobile pack
His failures

Gibson should never have been signed again for another season before a ball had been kicked. Very poor form by Tahs management. Most organisations would see that something isn't working and change thigs, sacking the problem not keeping it.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Ok so the players that are gone for next year are Phipps, Rona, Kepu.

Miller is rumoured to be going to the Brumbies
Folau is still up in the air.

Ashley Cooper will most likely head back to Japan

Rumours of Beale and Foley going.

That is a lot of experience.

Who are replacing them??

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)

Who are replacing them??

Folau is gone. He's never playing rugby in Australia again. The question is whether he'll be costing us a million dollars a season or not.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

Who are replacing them??

Well according to BR none of those players are any good anyway. Except Miller of course because he's been scouted by the Brumbies nous.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well according to BR none of those players are any good anyway. Except Miller of course because he's been scouted by the Brumbies nous.
Miller will be lucky to start at the Brumbies next year, Brown Samu Cusack Valentini McCaffrey Hyne are pretty good backrowers.

With all fit I would expect it to be Valentini 6, Samu 7, McCaffrey 8 with the other's fighting out for the bench.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
What's the situation with the Rebels and the salary cap?

A few quality players sitting on the Rebels bench they might struggle to hold onto next year.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Miller will be lucky to start at the Brumbies next year, Brown Samu Cusack Valentini McCaffrey Hyne are pretty good backrowers.

With all fit I would expect it to be Valentini 6, Samu 7, McCaffrey 8 with the other's fighting out for the bench.
That really should be one of the best backrows in the competition.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Right now our best attacking weapon is Fitzpatrick's lineout throwing. Couple of fantastic throws on the weekend to set up the maul penalty try and the Rona linebreak off the long throw in. The forwards always do a serviceable job but the biggest factor this year has been the loss of Naiyaravoro.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/05/29/super-waratahs-team

Tahs apparently want Hunt but may not be able to afford him.

Hunt also out for possible 12 weeks.

Dempsey still not right

I would only be prepared to pay Hunt peanuts to stay. Bringing him in this year to play in the heart of our backline (someone with little to zero prior on-field playing relationships with the rest of the squad) has reduced our Ben Darwin cohesion index massively I'd say. Some of the Sunwolves tries in the Newcastle game appeared to be heavily influenced by a lack of familiarity between Mason and Hunt. Everyone just jumped on Mason because it was his first start with Foley rested.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I would only be prepared to pay Hunt peanuts to stay. Bringing him in this year to play in the heart of our backline (someone with little to zero prior on-field playing relationships with the rest of the squad) has reduced our Ben Darwin cohesion index massively I'd say. Some of the Sunwolves tries in the Newcastle game appeared to be heavily influenced by a lack of familiarity between Mason and Hunt. Everyone just jumped on Mason because it was his first start with Foley rested.

Hunt is worth pretty big peanuts. Tahs mad if they don’t try to make something work.

Status
Not open for further replies.