• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hunt is worth pretty big peanuts. Tahs mad if they don’t try to make something work.
Hunt probably be mad if he doesn't try and make it work either, not sure how many other teams here or overseas are going to want him.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So they arent paying Izzy now and still cant afford Hunt? dang man that doesnt sound good.

His asking price doesn't necessary equate to his value to the team. I wouldn't be breaking the bank to keep him. They got him cheap this year because Queensland were footing part of the bill.

He isn't going to be getting a Wallaby top up going forward and I'd argue shouldn't be one of the highest paid players in the team. I'd prefer to keep Lalakai Foketi on half or less of Hunt's contract.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
His asking price doesn't necessary equate to his value to the team. I wouldn't be breaking the bank to keep him. They got him cheap this year because Queensland were footing part of the bill.

He isn't going to be getting a Wallaby top up going forward and I'd argue shouldn't be one of the highest paid players in the team. I'd prefer to keep Lalakai Foketi on half or less of Hunt's contract.
Foketi is definitely not a 12 hey. But i see your point.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
After last night I'd probably prioritise signing Foketi to play 12 next year at half the cost or less than Hunt. He's good.

I love Hunt and I'm very much minded to push his cause. But with what I saw last night I can’t disagree with what you are saying. Foketi looked very good.

S

Show-n-go

I wouldn’t mind seeing Cam Clark trialled at outside during the off-season. Smart player, rarely puts a foot wrong, fast, team player all good qualities for a OC

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Gibson indicated that Newsome will move into the centres for the Tahs next year where he has played most of his rugby for the Beasties in the past. Clark also a 13 option. If Karmichael is going to keep being a spoiled brat and wanting big $ stuff him. I'd like us to go and sign Harrison Goddard, Andrew Kellaway, Seb Wileman, Nawaqanitawase from the u20s (priority - sign him now he is a special talent) and maybe give an EPS contract to James Kane from Sydney Uni (just because he's got a great boot - easily the best kick in the Shute Shield) can't lose much it'd just be a 1 year eps. Then deal with Karmichael if he's still around.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Gibson said during the week (saw it on rugby.com.au video) that he was keen to re sign Karmichael but at the moment they were struggling to match the $ Karmichael is after.

That doesn't make him a spoilt brat, it just makes him a player who wants to get paid what they are potentially worth.

If getting paid means moving to a different team then he needs to do that. I don't begrudge him for that. It's part and parcel of being a professional.

It's not Hunt's fault that the Waratahs don't want to pay him what another team is willing to. Likewise it's not the Waratahs fault that Hunt won't sign for what they're willing to pay.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
That doesn't make him a spoilt brat, it just makes him a player who wants to get paid what they are potentially worth.

If getting paid means moving to a different team then he needs to do that. I don't begrudge him for that. It's part and parcel of being a professional.

It's not Hunt's fault that the Waratahs don't want to pay him what another team is willing to. Likewise it's not the Waratahs fault that Hunt won't sign for what they're willing to pay.

Thank you. Everyone is carrying on like Karmichael Hunt owes the Waratahs something. We got him for a bargain price and he knows that. He's at the tail-end of his career and he should do what's best for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.