• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
That doesn't make him a spoilt brat, it just makes him a player who wants to get paid what they are potentially worth.

If getting paid means moving to a different team then he needs to do that. I don't begrudge him for that. It's part and parcel of being a professional.

It's not Hunt's fault that the Waratahs don't want to pay him what another team is willing to. Likewise it's not the Waratahs fault that Hunt won't sign for what they're willing to pay.

I'd suggest a little bit of good will from Karmichael wouldn't go a stray given his history - just an opinion nothing more. He has had more second chances over his career than Izzy.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd suggest a little bit of good will from Karmichael wouldn't go a stray given his history - just an opinion nothing more. He has had more second chances over his career than Izzy.

Sure, but I don't think that extends to be required to re-sign for substantially less than is on offer elsewhere. I would imagine that the goodwill extends to accepting a slightly reduced offer to stay put. If the relevant offers are far apart then he would be crazy to take it. He's a professional sportsperson in the twilight of his career.

The Waratahs gave him another chance this season but lets not pretend they didn't do so with other parties paying a significant amount of his contract.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Sure, but I don't think that extends to be required to re-sign for substantially less than is on offer elsewhere. I would imagine that the goodwill extends to accepting a slightly reduced offer to stay put. If the relevant offers are far apart then he would be crazy to take it. He's a professional sportsperson in the twilight of his career.

The Waratahs gave him another chance this season but lets not pretend they didn't do so with other parties paying a significant amount of his contract.
Who else would be offering considerable more, I wouldnt think there be many who would be chasing him ? Maybe oversea's but where and can he get the visa ?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Who else would be offering considerable more, I wouldnt think there be many who would be chasing him ? Maybe oversea's but where and can he get the visa ?

It would definitely be overseas.

I don't think Hunt would have issues getting a visa. Professional sporting teams applying for work visas generally don't have the same issues he might have if he applied himself with a minor criminal record.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)

If he had of been convicted of Cocaine posession in 2018 he would not have been able to enter Japan under any circumstance. However he avoided the conviction so theoretically he could go there.

The issue will be that Japanese clubs take a very dim view of criminal misdemeanors in general and drugs specifically even if not charged. You may recall that Simon Kasprowicz never played in Japan after 2008 because allegations surfaced of drug use after a police investigation however he couldnt be charged or convicted as he never returned to Japan after hurriedly leaving for Australia after the allegations surfaced. The issue is that clubs face large fines or suspensions if drug use by players is proven so they tend not to take any risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.