• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I wonder if Cron has an out clause in his Japan contract now that Gibson has pulled the plug, unless the Tahs had someone else lined up. Maybe they want Cheika back post WC.

Why would he or they? Loooong odds.
As for Cron - I very much doubt the Japanese will be accommodating in that regard. Pity about how the timing of all this played out.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
T
I personally don't doubt his ability and talent but again his last few games have been poor, also no use having a good backline if we have a soft forward pack, bring on 2020
The entire Rebels have been poor the last few games, excl Naisarani and Koroibete. He could be a confidence player, when the Rebels were going well in the first half of the season most on here had him as 14 or 15 on their wallabies team

Piglet

Herbert Moran (7)
I saw Gibson just after 9am this morning and was about to say to him "tough year, but all the best for next year", but he received a phone call, walked away from the cafe and looked all serious. So I let him be.

Walked into my office, opened up the interweb and saw that he'd just resigned.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Potential Tahs side for next year.

1. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
2. Fitzpatrick
3. Robertson
4. Simmons
5. Hanigan
6. Dempsey
7. Hooper
8. Harris
9. Gordon
10. Harrison
11. Newsome
12. Beale
13. Foketi
14. Clark
15. Maddocks

16. Latu 17. Bell 18. Talakai 19. Swinton 20. Wells 21. Short/Robertson 22. Wileman 23. Nawaqanitawase

Not sure the cupboard is that bare.

Looks to be even younger and less experienced than the Reds this year. Couldn't see that squad improving over this year's results.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Scott Wisemantel has been floated as the most likely candidate by the SMH. Seems like he has the right sort of background for a successful Super Rugby coach - 20 years of experience under some very good coaches, currently with Eddie in England. But not much experience as a head coach before. Nevertheless, with that degree of experience, he should be able to withstand the blowtorch of being Waratahs head coach.

Cron has a big future, but he will be far better with a few years' experience in Japan or Europe with good coaches. Better than being thrown a rebuilding Waratahs team when the whole future of Super Rugby is under a cloud.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Looks to be even younger and less experienced than the Reds this year. Couldn't see that squad improving over this year's results.

It's all relative.

Squad-wise I think they will be in a similar position compared to the other Australian sides next year.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Well now that the season is finally over, the silly season begins. Hopefully the Tahs look at what they need and have already started aiming to recruit along those lines. With the massive amounts of players heading overseas, I hope the Tahs start announcing some new player signings soon.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well now that the season is finally over, the silly season begins. Hopefully the Tahs look at what they need and have already started aiming to recruit along those lines. With the massive amounts of players heading overseas, I hope the Tahs start announcing some new player signings soon.

JOC (James O'Connor)?