• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Has Cron signed for Japan yet? Cause hearing the front runners being Campo (face plant) and Wisemantel telling us to get stuffed, makes me think, that the Tahs have made a big big mistake. I have always felt Cron was ready and I think even the naysayers would jump at the chance to have him now.

Lack of HC at Super Rugby level or not (I dont feel it was a big deal, its still the same game, its maybe even easier as you are coaching 'better' players so would be exceptional) I think he would have stabilised the side and made them contenders next year, instead we are going backward, one major sponsor has pulled the PIN, and I think we will be last in conference next year.

Cron is gone, the Tahs put their faith in Gibson which bit them.

Which sponsor pulled the pin??

I think (and hope) that the Tahs are going to look at the NRC for players.

RubixCube

Frank Nicholson (4)
I believe CMC Markets have not renewed for the upcoming year. Was chat about it at the awards on Monday night.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)

There was a post that the Japanese team that Cron was going to got punted and he is in the mix. Don't know if it's true. Anyone else heard this rumour?

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)

Cron was spot on as well when he was on the Fox podcast (June 25) saying that the Tahs need to get a new coach ASAP. All this time fluffing about without a Head Coach or a Forwards coach while all the other franchises have Head Coaches well and truly immersed in preparations for 2020. Lift Andrew Hore you aren't doing a very good job in my opinion.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Cron was spot on as well when he was on the Fox podcast (June 25) saying that the Tahs need to get a new coach ASAP. All this time fluffing about without a Head Coach or a Forwards coach while all the other franchises have Head Coaches well and truly immersed in preparations for 2020. Lift Andrew Hore you aren't doing a very good job in my opinion.

sorry, but what is a Super Rugby coach doing on a day to day basis as preparation in august?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
"Hunt was named the Waratahs’ best back at their awards night last week."

One can only presume NSWRU and RA keen to retain Hunt but given his age etc ARU top up money compared to last deal may be an issue. Personally feel would be a big loss if did not retain Hunt as feel got a lot of good years in him and his ability to cover a number of different positions adds to his value. And at this point proved perfect clubman to have around. Happy to admit unabashed fan of Hunt.