• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Genia wanted to stay at the Rebels and Kerevi wanted to stay at the Reds.....didn't make much difference. Especially when they start talking about "it's in the managers hands".

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Genia wanted to stay at the Rebels and Kerevi wanted to stay at the Reds...didn't make much difference. Especially when they start talking about "it's in the managers hands".

Yeah, I'm sure the manager decides whether they take the $300K / year greater contract or not! It's standard PR-speak.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah, I'm sure the manager decides whether they take the $300K / year greater contract or not! It's standard PR-speak.

It's Hunt being nice, just like with Kerevi. "Oh I want to stay but manager needs to work it out". Eg. I want to seem nice but will leave for cash.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
who says he hasn't already been offered something. They are still giving away WC joker spots - TBH I would have thought Hunt would be prime for one of those, but perhaps his recent injury means he wouldn't give them the confidence to make it through.

Plus current contracts usually run up to December 31st. So if RA and waratahs don't release him, he is here. Just means he will probs get a holiday before his next overseas contract. Most likely the close 2nd season of the Japan top league.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Top14 pre-season is well underway, season proper kicks off in 3 weeks.
Players might still be negotiating Japan contracts, but I’m not sure if Hunts past will impact on his chance of contract in Japan. They’re typically quite strict on any bad behaviour in the past.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So there is a coach?

Waratahs are going next level.
1*kvP2cuzCzTVSoccWbEbJDA.jpg

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Tolu Latu has signed with Stade Francais
Michael Wells has offers from Reds and Brumbies on the table

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tolu Latu has signed with Stade Francais
Michael Wells has offers from Reds and Brumbies on the table

Latu rumor has been around for months. Wells and the Reds is an interesting one. They have a great crop of backrowers (McReight, Scott-Young, Wilson, Wright). Wells doesnt offer what they lost in Higgers or Timu

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Latu rumor has been around for months. Wells and the Reds is an interesting one. They have a great crop of backrowers (McReight, Scott-Young, Wilson, Wright). Wells doesnt offer what they lost in Higgers or Timu

Agreed - Reds need a barnstorming runner, got 6 and 7 covered. Wells would be another AK (Andrew Kellaway). Then again, Tahs could also use a impact>work type player.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

You would assume the Tahs will plan to start with Hooper, Hanigan & Dempsey. They also have Will Harris & Patrick Tafa coming through