• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Clearly this timing sucks. I was not against Gibson getting another year but him resigning at this point after Cron has already signed to go overseas is poor.

I'm not convinced Cron is ready to be head coach next year and was a better option for 2020 than Gibson but there's a much stronger chance he's a better option for 2020 than an internal promotion (Whitaker or Tandy). If they bring in someone externally then who knows.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Clearly this timing sucks. I was not against Gibson getting another year but him resigning at this point after Cron has already signed to go overseas is poor.

I'm not convinced Cron is ready to be head coach next year and was a better option for 2020 than Gibson but there's a much stronger chance he's a better option for 2020 than an internal promotion (Whitaker or Tandy). If they bring in someone externally then who knows.

Cheika?