• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2021

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Skelton would turn the whole complexion of the side on its head. When we’re not so focused on the hole in the second row we’ve actually got an underrated front-row of Bell-Horton-HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), a strong 6 and 8 in Dempsey and Swinton, a dynamic halves pairing of Gordon and Harrison and some talent in the backs amongst Maddocks, Ramm, and Moeroa.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Skelton would turn the whole complexion of the side on its head. When we’re not so focused on the hole in the second row we’ve actually got an underrated front-row of Bell-Horton-HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), a strong 6 and 8 in Dempsey and Swinton, a dynamic halves pairing of Gordon and Harrison and some talent in the backs amongst Maddocks, Ramm, and Moeroa.

According to the Tahs CEO Dempsey hasn't signed a new contract for next year as of yet but the club is hopeful

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I don’t think they even need a player of Skelton’s calibre. If they could just secure 3 reasonable, hardworking locks they would come right back into calculations. If they signed someone of the calibre of of Skelton or Arnold then they become a realistic title threat.

Bench & broader squad depth would still be a huge issue, but the starting 15 would be very competitive.

I just don’t see where those available locks are though.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Hugh Pyle’s name has been mentioned a few times. I can’t see on a search if he is unsigned or not for next year. Is he a realistic option?

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Hugh Pyle’s name has been mentioned a few times. I can’t see on a search if he is unsigned or not for next year. Is he a realistic option?

Nope. He has signed a two year deal with Bayonne. He said recently he would love to play for the Wobs but has no interest in playing Super Rugby.

Alex Ross (28)
wrt Lock. I half expect Will Harris may do a Jed Holloway and play there as a stop gap solution if Dempsey and Swinton are in the back row. He’s a big unit who loves the tight stuff so I don’t see why he couldn’t make a decent go of it for a year.