• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs Blues Sunday 24th March, SFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
What he said about scrums was spot on. IMO the refs are stuffing this up. We need to get the packs together and get on with the game. 99% of the time - no resets give a penalty and get on with it. I suspect the reason the refs are not giving penalties is because many of these collapses are their fault. The set process is far too long. The new laws were meant to speed it up, but the super refs seem to have decided to maintain last year's process with different words.

Totally agree. I thought that's why short-arm penalties existed?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A bit if discussion on scrums here. I wonder, with the Soap Dodger scrum being rather weak this year, it may be interesting to see if their view on ELV's has changed. I think that they were dead against the concept of Free Kicks from scrum infringements at the last vote.

Back then, they had a decent front row and 1/2 decent scrum. Not so now.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
On Sunday as I walked down Driver Avenue on my way home, I felt like hugging random Waratahs fans and shouting to the rooftops.

That win was the greatest feeling. At least as good as the win against the Sharks last year. Leaving the game that happy has been few and far between in the last couple of years.

I could only watch it on television but I had the same great feeling. Finally it seems to be starting to come together. All our tries were from well-constructed attacks, two of their tries were from "lucky" turnovers. The Blues got one well-worked try from what is arguably the best 11-15 in the comp. We butchered enough tries to get two bonus points, so we are clearly not there yet, but we do seem to be on the way. This week the Blues play the Chiefs and how they play against a top team will lay a marker down as to how far we've come. But if we can tie up our loose play that leads to turnovers and keep improving our attacking choices then a lot of teams are going to find the going tough against us.

Remember the days when Ewen took us to the final the second time. Many times that season, especially the second half, I walked home down Driver Avenue like I was floating. True Tahs fans will feel that lightness of spirit again this year, of that I'm sure.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
after the game we went to pick up my youngest, who we'd left with the in laws. They both remarked that I was in an especially good mood, and on the way home my wife said "you're a different person when they play well"

I suspect I'm not the only one

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
after the game we went to pick up my youngest, who we'd left with the in laws. They both remarked that I was in an especially good mood, and on the way home my wife said "you're a different person when they play well"

I suspect I'm not the only one

My girlfriend was annoyed that I wanted to start watching the replay 15 minutes after I got home from the game.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
My girlfriend was annoyed that I wanted to start watching the replay 15 minutes after I got home from the game.

You should have offered her an alternative. If she is anything like my wife she probably would have told me to rack off and left you to watch the rugby in peace.

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
I had to see the Drew Mitchell try again before we went out for dinner.

It was incredibly important.

I don't think I had ever been so excited at a Tahs game after that try (in context). It had been so long since a set piece move was executed so well by the Tahs. And against quality opposition too.

Status
Not open for further replies.