• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs Crusaders Friday 31st May 5:40pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
The Tahs bubble burst in meek fashion on Friday night, they couldn't cope with the Rebels at the breakdown and the pack looked tired after some huge efforts over previous weeks. The Tahs still have the slimmest of slim chances of making the finals but they will rue the 3 points that they lost in Melbourne.

The Tahs need Rob Horne back in the side, playing two play makers at 10 and 12 didn't really work and despite his decent form this season Foley should miss out with Barnes at 10 and Horne at 12. I'd like to see Lucas get another go at 9 and maybe give big Will Skelton a start instead of the ineffective Timani.

I think we could see this one go the way of the Waratahs game in Pretoria a month ago, we'll stay competitive for about 60 minutes but the Crusaders will run away with it in the last 20 and slam the door firmly shut on any chance of making the finals.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
and maybe give big Will Skelton a start instead of the ineffective Timani.

I am with you on this. Skelton has been very impressive in his appearances lately and is a more effective big man than Timani.

Next year looks pretty good for the Tahs but this weekend will be beyond them The Saders are starting to play to their capabilities.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Skelton has been quite destructive at the breakdown. Waratahs are going to need it to have a hope. The Crusaders are one of the strongest teams in all of Super Rugby when it comes to attacking the breakdown. No room for Timani to be doing the dead fish act.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Skelton has a big frame (frankly, a huge frame) and I wonder if he can get it around the park for 60 minutes at Super Rugby speed. Maybe we play he and Timani a half each?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This game in 2010 was awesome, two Test packs going at it, Cliffy did his knee but the intensity was up there like any Bledisloe.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Tahs playing the Crusaders in CHCH, I'd have to favour the home side, especially as they will bounce back more strongly than the Tahs. Crusaders hitting their straps and playing their usual game, instead of that wide-wide lateral bullshit earlier this year.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
This will be an interesting test to see how far the Tahs have come

I see the saders as the best 'team' In the comp, they do everything well, how well the Tahs compete across the park will be a good measure of their progress

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Tahs playing the Crusaders in CHCH, I'd have to favour the home side, especially as they will bounce back more strongly than the Tahs. Crusaders hitting their straps and playing their usual game, instead of that wide-wide lateral bullshit earlier this year.

The change-up in their play has coincided with Dan's return.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
K Ried coming back didn't exactly hurt either. Dan had a forgettable game by his standards last week.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Tahs named, Berrick back on the bench:

Israel Folau, Cam Crawford, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Rob Horne, Peter Betham, Bernard Foley, Brendan McKibbin, Dave Dennis (capt), Michael Cooper, Pat McCutcheon, Kane Douglas, Sitaleki Timani, Sekope Kepu, John Ulugia, Benn Robinson. Res: Luke Holmes, Paddy Ryan, Will Skelton, Jed Holloway, Matt Lucas, Berrick Barnes, Drew Mitchell.

Status
Not open for further replies.