• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Blues, Saturday 28 March, Round 7 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.
  5. Go the Tahs

Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

This match should see the return of Tatafu Polota-Nau after sitting out the weekend following a head knock at training. Tolu Latu had an excellent game in his absence so he will be very unlucky to move back to the bench.

Otherwise I'd expect the Tahs to pick the same team.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Kaino should be back for this one. Blues have real problems at 9/10 this season. Their midfield is a revolving door and the back 3 is playing poorly as a unit.

Tahs by plenty

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Michael_Cheika52.jpg

"Right then fellas, no training this week, the mob we're playing never practice so why the fuck should we. Just make sure you come good for one 20 minute spell on Saturday, that'll be more than enough to see off this motley crew of birdbrained drongos. Never mind if they run in a spectacular try, or even two, let em' have their fun, it'll keep em' from getting angry, jesus, it's almost a fuckin' guarantee they'll cough it up at the next fuckin' kickoff anyway.

Oh, and Pots, please, for the love of God, do not call the bloke on the bench named 'George Moala' a poofter. I don't think the Sydney Football Stadium St Johns ambulance crew come equipped with the jaws of life.

Righto then, that's it, fuck practice, I'm off to the golf course, see you pricks on Saturday!"

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Blues 0 from 5, Tahs on the up, is this a banana skin match? Or is the end of SJK?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I've been surreptitiously organising the less batshit-crazy of those from a Kiwi rugby forum that shall remain nameless. So not 100% sure where I'll be sitting Saturday night at this stage.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I think Blues could take this one. There are a lot of ABs in the team who are getting embaressed week in and week out. If the Blues backline clicks it could be all on. The Highlanders showed that the Waratahs fitness was a weak point.
Blues by 12 and under. Thats my $5 bet with the TAB.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think Blues could take this one. There are a lot of ABs in the team who are getting embaressed week in and week out. If the Blues backline clicks it could be all on. The Highlanders showed that the Waratahs fitness was a weak point.

How did the Highlanders show the Waratahs have a fitness issue? The last 20 minutes of the match was all Waratahs. The match is over but really if they played again I doubt the Tahs would lose, they switched off for 10 mins before and after HT and cost them badly.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)

If there were a prize for a super franchise for the worst fitness it would go to the blues hands down. Year after year you can tell they have poor conditioning

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If there were a prize for a super franchise for the worst fitness it would go to the blues hands down. Year after year you can tell they have poor conditioning

Ut's thu KFC Bro!

Seriously though, I know the demographic of Auckland includes a lot of Islander blokes, but Auckland rugby just seems to be a huge mess of "pick all these amazing cuzzy kids and we'll win hands down!"

Kirwan isn't instilling much of a work ethic into them, but then you'd expect senior guys like Mealamu to have a big say in that culture as well.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
EVERY game is a banana skin for the Tahs because everyone is waiting to say NAH YOUR FUCT MAYTE FUCKEN NO TITLE DEFENCE FOR YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.