• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies 28th June ANZ Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Cue the pissing and moaning from Eastern Suburbs fairies who don't want to travel all the way out to Homebush despite public transport practically to the door.

Go ahead, I'll wait...

Aaaaaaaanyway, boring shit first: weather forecast for this week is pretty much clear, perhaps a bit of cloud and the odd shower, temp in the high teens on average.

Waratahs look to have escaped without too many serious injuries on Test duty though I haven't seen if any players got crocked during Shute Shield.

Brumbies on the other hand have lost some serious firepower in Steve Moore, and given Siliva is gone for the season they're starting Josh Mann-Rea at this stage. A very solid player who won't disgrace himself.

What is the word on Sam Carter's ankle? Is he back for this one? I assume Ben Alexander's neck has come good at this point so they won't lack too much up front despite the hooker situation.

Tahs should be able to run out a pretty full-strength lineup, but the Brumbies pack are still formidable in their teamwork and the backline is intact, with some serious talent to consider.

The Tahs pack needs to assert itself - which they failed to do last time in Canberra - and take away the lessons of their wins against the Chiefs, Lions, and Rebels.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
News coming from Ponyland is that Josh Manta-Ray has done a hamstring, and that To'omua may be crocked.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...logram-giant-will-skelton-20140622-zshur.html

Ponies Followers would be hoping that Team Rehab Selectors don't tap too many players on the shoulder in the World Club 10's finals.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Fuck I heard via Twitter that Mann-Rea was injured in the first half for Gungahlin, but maybe it was a cotton wool moment.

Where to now for rakes? Murphy was throwing lineouts for the 10s in Sandapore, but can he take it in full XVs?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That article also points out:

- McCabe is 50-50
- To'omua, Mann-Rea, and Tomane need scans and further analysis
- Sam Carter won't be fit until at least July 11.
- and obviously Moore and Siliva are gone.

Shit that is horrific!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd like to see this

1. Robinson 2. TPN 3. Ryan 4. Skelton 5. Douglas 6. Potgieter 7. Hooper 8. Dennis 9. Phipps 10. Foley 11. Horne 12. Beale 13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 14. Alofa 15. Folau

16. Latu 17. Tilse 18. Kepu 19. Hoiles 20. Palu 21. McKibbin 22. Lance 23. Carraro

Who's out for the Brumbies?

Moore, Siliva Siliva, Mann-Rea, Carter, To'omua, McCabe, Tomane?

Possible team

1. Sio 2. Holmes 3. Alexander 4. Fardy 5. Power 6. Fotu 7. Butler 8. Mowen 9. White 10. Lealiifano 11. Speight 12. Smith 13. Kuridrani 14. Coleman 15. Mogg

16. Murphy 17. Smith 18. Smith 19. Whetton 20. Smiler 21. Dowsett 22. Cronje 23. Rathbone

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
in a game between the tahs and brumbies with Luke Holmes as starting hooker I'm glad he will be on the opposition side this time. Odds are he will play a blinder and fuck the tahs over again!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Don't like the prospect of Murphy throwing the line out after his too long throw in the 10s led directly to the Blues'first try.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Brumbies line out should be ripe for steals with Holmes throwing in. I'd agree in holding Palu back as well, let Dennis and Douglas pick the Brumbies line out to pieces then bring Cliffy on to smash them in the lats 20 minutes.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
I'd like to see this

1. Robinson 2. TPN 3. Ryan 4. Skelton 5. Douglas 6. Potgieter 7. Hooper 8. Dennis 9. Phipps 10. Foley 11. Horne 12. Beale 13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) 14. Alofa 15. Folau

16. Latu 17. Tilse 18. Kepu 19. Hoiles 20. Palu 21. McKibbin 22. Lance 23. Carraro

Palu on the bench? I don't agree with that......

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Better impact later in the game, and he needs to be managed for later on. Better to give 30 mins instead of 60 coming off a big Test. Potgieter will be raring to go.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
I think it's with the intention of trying to manage his playing time somewhat so we can get the most out of him in the next six weeks.

I suppose, but with such a crucial game, you have to run out with your best team possible. This will be a week defining game for the Tah's!!!

If anything, I'd move Dennis to the bench and then make Hoops captain.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
People need to just accept the fact that Dennis is going to be in the starting side if fit for every game remaining this season.

He is crucial to our lineout and arguably his two best games this season have been as part of our two best wins; against the Chiefs and the Hurricanes.

He's an important part of this side and will remain in the starting team.

Status
Not open for further replies.